15% off today only at Arrow

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Great deal for US residents, but shipping to anywhere else in the world starts at around $40, for services/companies that charge extra brokerage fees, etc. UPS is one of the worst companies to use to ship to Canada, DHL and Fedex are only a bit better.
I once had one shipment via UPS, and they charged a $30 brokerage fee so they could collect the approx. $13 in taxes...Outrageous... I never use UPS any more, nor do I order from companies that only use UPS.
Some firms, including Mouser and Digikey charge a nominal shipping fee ($8?) for low cost orders and all pricing and delivery in Canada is handled by those firms. They also have Canadian pricing online, so I know the bottom line when I order something, and it gets shipped from my side of the border (no extra brokerage fees).
Of course, it is sometimes cheaper to order from China, but long wait times and questionable quality is the price one has to pay if you want it "cheaper". Sometimes, Ebay items from China are not much cheaper than Mouser or Digikey anyway. It pays to shop around.

Last edited:

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Sorry sagor... I did not know that... I don't like Digikey or Mouser because that $8 charge is added when I need one $1 Mosfet or Triac to fix something... so Arrow is getting my full business. Didn't know it's only a good deal for the US. I wish all these guys would use smaller packaging to reduce shipping costs.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
UPS is one of the worst companies to use to ship to Canada, DHL and Fedex are only a bit better
Arrow is a US company but has distributors worldwide. All of my US shipments from them have been by FedEx.

Edit: 7 parts offices in Canada and from their US web site "free express international shipping (international orders)""Free priority international shipping for all international orders applies to FedEx International Priority shipping."

Last edited:

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Didn't see anything about free (International) shipping. When I click on their links at the bottom for "shipping", it shows International shipping starting at around $40USD.
I'll go back and have another look, maybe some "promotion" page has different shipping offers vs their regular web links...

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Yeah they show all kinds of shipping charges, but "for a limited time" like the last year or so it has been free. Throw something in the basket and see what happens?