14-15vdc 20a power supply

liamneeson248

Joined Jan 11, 2016
First of all sorry for my bad english because its not my first language.
I want to create a 220V AC to 14V DC 20A power supply to charge my Lead Acid 12V(200AH) battery.
i know 4-5 A is enough to charge it normally but after using it for 4-5 months user need to charge it on higher Ampere to maintain battery gravity.
so any circuit diagram or any other help will be appreciated
Thank you in advance,
Peace.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Go buy a common 20+ amp automotive battery charger.

Unless you can get the correct size and voltage transformer and rectifiers for free you wont build a battery charger for less than you can buy one.

liamneeson248

Joined Jan 11, 2016
Go buy a common 20+ amp automotive battery charger.

Unless you can get the correct size and voltage transformer and rectifiers for free you wont build a battery charger for less than you can buy one.
so your suggestion is that i should buy a branded one,not build my own ? why! is it so hard to make ?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
is it so hard to make ?
It' is not so hard for me to make, but I just make a DC power supply and watch carefully as it charges the battery. Most other people want their battery charger to know when to stop, or do 3 stage charging. That can be fairly simple or fairly complicated. You have not said much about what you want, except that you explained that you don't know about standard charging rates and why they should decrease as the battery gets old.

liamneeson248

Joined Jan 11, 2016
If you need to ask for help, there's a good chance that your desire exceeds your ability.

There's also the fact that a high volume commercially available charger would cost less than building your own.
Yes i know but i have a plan to build that charger on one pcb with a microcontroller so that's why i can't afford to have charger attached differently from main pcb because its gonna cost me more space and problems so thats why i need to make it on required pcb board.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
its 5A i need 20
Also note that that "charger" has no voltage regulation or timers.

Here's an article on how to charge lead acid batteries.

For US$30, I can buy a 10A charger that turns itself off when the battery is fully charged. All nicely packaged. I know how to design and build one, but if I can buy one for $30, it's not worth the time or effort.