12v DC 7A UPS from Li-ion Batteries

Gogo229

Joined May 18, 2021
Hi All,

Complete beginner here so please bear with me!

Trying to work out a solution for changing the main battery on my portable video switching system. The project is powered off a single 12V DC 8A V-Mount battery which powers the system perfectly. That said, I can't find a UPS with the right amperage to power the system through changing the battery.

I have tried to look into a few solutions and have decided having the system go through a custom 'UPS like' circuit running off something like these? That said, I have no idea where to even start. I understand that I will need 4 of them to reach the correct voltage? I assume I will also need something to measure the voltage coming from the main battery which will swap to the UPS batteries when it drops to a certain amount (and capasitors so it doesn't drop below working load and power off).

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Really appreciate any help that anyone has to offer.

Cheers

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I think I would look for a due parallel V-Mount adapter that would allow you to "hot swap" by leaving the battery in place when adding a new one.

There are parallel adapters but effectively you need two V-Mount plates and a V-Mount to some sort of cable adapter.

Gogo229

Joined May 18, 2021
I think I would look for a due parallel V-Mount adapter that would allow you to "hot swap" by leaving the battery in place when adding a new one.

There are parallel adapters but effectively you need two V-Mount plates and a V-Mount to some sort of cable adapter.
Thank you for the reply Yaakov! I looked into a few of the dual V-Mount adapters but couldn't find anything that suited the project.

That said, I will look into the option of parallel adapters as that should fit the rig properly. Thanks for the suggestion!