12 Hour Clock Design Help!

kyleMAC

Joined Dec 5, 2019
Hello I am having trouble finishing my design for a 12 hour digital clock. I cannot figure out how to connect my final clock to the seven segment displays. I am using a de1 development and using the Quartus II software. I do not need to display the seconds on for mu clock as there are only 4 7-segment displays on this board. I've searched all over for a build similar to mine that I followed out of my textbook but have found no luck. Any help or tips/direction would be appreciated. If you would like to see any other parts of my build please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't understand what your problem is. The 7448 part takes a BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) and converts those 4 bit values into 7 values which are then connected to a display device. In your schematic you 3 of the digit inputs connected to GND. You won't be able to display many digits that way. How about completing your design so we can be more help to you.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hello I am having trouble finishing my design for a 12 hour digital clock. I cannot figure out how to connect my final clock to the seven segment displays. I am using a de1 development and using the Quartus II software. I do not need to display the seconds on for mu clock as there are only 4 7-segment displays on this board. I've searched all over for a build similar to mine that I followed out of my textbook but have found no luck. Any help or tips/direction would be appreciated. If you would like to see any other parts of my build please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Your post feels like a school assignment or project and you mention that the build design comes out of your textbook.

So we need to know is this is a school project or assignment? Since it is suspect, don’t expect any help until you respond. This will likely need to be moved to the Homework Help forum, which has different rules for how we can respond.

As a heads up, you need to show us your work, upon which we’ll critique. But we are not allowed to provide a solution.