$10 Trillion bank note on eBay

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Never go to lunch with a one-bill ten trillionaire!
I remember walking into a joint in Zimbabwe, asking for a beer, and the bar tender is like, "I don't have change for a ten trillion dollar bill! On second thought, let me check today's inflation rate. That beer is 30 trillion dollars. If you wait another hour, it will be 40 trillion dollars.

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Once they "get around the law", are they still honest? Who defines the boarders of your new gray zone of honest yet illegal?
GopherT I'm really not one of those _obsessive constitutionalists_ but I say there are unalienable rights like privacy! Also any crime that's only a crime by definition is morally null and void so its legislation was itself a criminal act! So when legislators are racketeers and law enforcement their goons then all bets are off:mad:! Now I have to count to 100 for my BP's sake cuz political talk does it to me every time:rolleyes::D

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
@GopherT
I am puzzled. Who is, "they"?
and, How is there any connection between "legal" and "honest"?
Some laws are of good faith, some aren't.
Some people use The Law to achieve the most dishonest and immoral behavior.
I think we're having a failure of communication.:confused:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
@GopherT
I am puzzled. Who is, "they"?
and, How is there any connection between "legal" and "honest"?
Some laws are of good faith, some aren't.
Some people use The Law to achieve the most dishonest and immoral behavior.
I think we're having a failure of communication.:confused:
"They" are the "honest people" that aleph(0) referred to.

Financial transactions are not private and all are subject to audit to insure taxes are properly paid - especially international movements of cash and moments of large quantiles of cash. What possible purchases, investments or gifts need to be private? If all transactions are suddenly private, all countries will look a lot like Greece and no tax revenue will be generated. Greece has a huge cash economy compared to the rest of Europe - all in an effort to conceal income and subsequent tax burdens.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Financial transactions are not private and all are subject to audit to insure taxes are properly paid - especially international movements of cash and moments of large quantiles of cash. What possible purchases, investments or gifts need to be private? If all transactions are suddenly private, all countries will look a lot like Greece and no tax revenue will be generated. Greece has a huge cash economy compared to the rest of Europe - all in an effort to conceal income and subsequent tax burdens.
Any society that has to spy on its own citizens to survive deserves to fall cuz civilization is for ppl not the other way around:)!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Any society that has to spy on its own citizens to survive deserves to fall cuz civilization is for ppl not the other way around:)!
contracts and financial transactions have been registered in courts for years. Go back to British times and you can find court records showing exactly what goods are transported in an old voyage of a sailing ship. The recoding made easy validation of losses for the sender, the shipping company and the receiver (and the insurance company and taxing authorities and all citizens who expect all parties pay their taxes so only the honest are not left filling the public accounts).

Transparent transactions don't need spies.

Don't have faith in a currency unless it is backed by gold but we should rely on faith alone that people pay their taxes? Weird.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Financial transactions are not private and all are subject to audit to insure taxes are properly paid
Oh. You're thinking on a lot larger scale than I am.
Personally, I buy food and gasoline and internet service with after tax dollars and I think it's nobody's business, including the government.

Then it's not much of a stretch to think I could accumulate $10,001 dollars and still think it's nobody's business but my own.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
What possible purchases, investments or gifts need to be private?
GopherT if that's your attitude why stop there? Why not move your lavatory stool to your front yard? After all if privacy isn't a basic human right then it must be just conventions and neuroses that we should get over?
But being serious just look at the shameless criminal slime that's infiltrated government at all levels and are free and in command cuz they declared themselves above the law! I resent being condescended to and scrutinized by arrogant totally exposed unrepentant criminals! That's why I feel sorry for cops! They are stuck with law enforcement in an environment where law is loosing its meaning cuz it's being corrupted by self empowered racketeers!

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Oh. You're thinking on a lot larger scale than I am.
Personally, I buy food and gasoline and internet service with after tax dollars and I think it's nobody's business, including the government.
Internet service paid by check, credit card or automatic withdrawal - already monitored. Gas and food, even if you pay cash, you may be using the little loyalty card and letting the grocery store monitor you so Uncle Sam can ask for it any time - hey, you bought two tomatoes yesterday!

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
contracts and financial transactions have been registered in courts for years. Go back to British times and you can find court records showing exactly what goods are transported in an old voyage of a sailing ship. The recoding made easy validation of losses for the sender, the shipping company and the receiver (and the insurance company and taxing authorities and all citizens who expect all parties pay their taxes so only the honest are not left filling the public accounts).

Transparent transactions don't need spies.

Don't have faith in a currency unless it is backed by gold but we should rely on faith alone that people pay their taxes? Weird.
Since when has past tyranny justified its existence in the present:confused:? Shall we reinstate slavery too?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Gas and food, even if you pay cash, you may be using the little loyalty card and letting the grocery store monitor you so Uncle Sam can ask for it any time - hey, you bought two tomatoes yesterday!
The fact that my government spies on me doesn't make it any of their business.
ps, The only, "loyalty" card I have, I applied for with a false name and address.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Internet service paid by check, credit card or automatic withdrawal - already monitored. Gas and food, even if you pay cash, you may be using the little loyalty card and letting the grocery store monitor you so Uncle Sam can ask for it any time - hey, you bought two tomatoes yesterday!
and if you use the utopian BitCoin instead of fiat, every translation will be tracked into a worldwide open ledger that anyone can trace.
http://fiatleak.com/