1 on/off pushbutton 1 off pushbutton circuit

Deividas Šliuoža

Joined Oct 6, 2015
Hello. So my question is. how to make a circuit that works like this:
1. Its 12v 15A
2. there must be a pushbutton (1) that could turn on/off circuit when pressed, but there is another pushbutton (2) witch turns off the circuit, but doesnt turn on. You have to press again pushbutton (1) to turn on the circuit, but the circuit can't turn on when puchbutton (2) is pressed.

Pushbutton (2) is cars light handle. My back fog light must be on only when i drive with low beam lights, but must turn off if i turn on high beam lights or other lights.
I just could not figure it out how to make that kind of circuit with that pushbutton..

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I am confused by your description. Ignoring button 2 for a moment, do you mean that button 1 toggles the state of the relay, first push on, second push off, third push back on, fourth push off,...???

Deividas Šliuoža

Joined Oct 6, 2015
Button 1 can turn on or off. but if it was in a state of on and you press button 2 circuit is off, then you need to press button 1 again to turn the circuit on.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
If you wanted to make a circuit to do this, it would require some timing function. A oneshot relay with a dual-coil latching relay or something similar. But you don't need to do that since the auto manufacturer took care of most of the circuit for you. The on/off toggle is already in your car. All you need is something to inhibit the fog light when high beams are on. Tap into your high beam power wire and run to a relay. Then run your fog light power though the NC contact of the relay.

Deividas Šliuoža

Joined Oct 6, 2015
i've already done that. My fog light is working only with low beams, but there are requirements for the button.. the button must be with indicating light and must work like i posted :(

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
i've already done that. My fog light is working only with low beams, but there are requirements for the button.. the button must be with indicating light and must work like i posted :(
Ok then add a second relay in a latching config. Use the NC off of your high beam relay to break the latch.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Do you want to using touch control?
The circuit can be drive the LED, even could be no need the Q1.
If you want to adding the turn off switch, just in parallel with C3.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Assuming that you want both switches to be lit when in the ON condition, I added those. Do you know what switches you are going to use. If the switch lamps are rated at "12V", the resistors are not needed.

Ken

PushOnPushOffandOffMOSFETs2.gif

Last edited: