Load Cell Programme

BRUCE_1

Joined Dec 20, 2013
Hi,
I need to write a programme for my load cell... it must display the weight on a 7 seg display. And also as the weight goes up the speed of my stepper motor must go down. If anyone has any knowledge on this it would be very helpful.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Is this a coincidence?
We have had three inquiries about load cells, weight and speed measurements and 7 seg displays in the past few hours, the last two within 3 minutes of each other.

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hi,
I need to write a programme for my load cell... it must display the weight on a 7 seg display. And also as the weight goes up the speed of my stepper motor must go down. If anyone has any knowledge on this it would be very helpful.
Perhaps you should tell us a tad more about your project ;) Try to explain your project so someone that is not sitting beside you at your workbench my understand your problem

BRUCE_1

Joined Dec 20, 2013
Perhaps you should tell us a tad more about your project ;) Try to explain your project so someone that is not sitting beside you at your workbench my understand your problem

Ive got an output voltage from my load cell after it being ampified from 1volt too 5volts and the weight ranges between 0 grams and 500grams. I need to write a program to display this voltage output on a 7 segment display in grams.

I am using a PIC 18 and C programming. Thanks. Im not too good at the programming side.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Ive got an output voltage from my load cell after it being ampified from 1volt too 5volts and the weight ranges between 0 grams and 500grams. I need to write a program to display this voltage output on a 7 segment display in grams.

I am using a PIC 18 and C programming. Thanks. Im not too good at the programming side.
What you should do is to find the linear relationship between weight and output voltage fed to the controller ADC. It is also a good practice to isolate problems in your project and solve them separately. Like you can write functions for the display output without having any function for weight reading done
Also tell us which PIC and C-compiler you use. Remember none of the members here know anything about what you are doing