Zvs driver no center tap?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ZvsDC, Feb 27, 2017.

1. ZvsDC

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Hello everyone, newb to the site but looking for some help. I've built a zvs induction heater and it works ok but would like to get rid of the center tap. I understand I need 2 inductors but where to place them is my question? The inductor I have on it now goes to the center tap. Would I connect it now to one side of a work cool, and the second on the other side both off the poss line ? Or 1 in from poss and one out to neg? Any help would be great thanks IMG_5887.JPG IMG_5803.JPG

2. ZvsDC

Feb 27, 2017
    Anyone have any insight???

3. ZvsDC

Feb 27, 2017
    Ok lol I couldn't take it and on the chance of frying a couple fets I went and made 2 inductors on some turoid coils I had from computer supply. Wrapped them both 35 times with enamelled wire taken from degaussing wire from an old tv and took out the center tap, connected each coil to either side of the work coil from positive input and crossed my fingers. Well it seemed to do the trick so if anyone is having an issue on how to do this (or if anyone sees this) , that's how. Lol so far as for me anyway, it seems to work. :)