YouTube Resources for AAC Members

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
A thread elsewhere led me to generate this off-the-cuff list of YouTube channels with good, reliable, interesting content. It struck me that having this available would be very useful for beginners and experts alike. So below is a woefully incomplete list of Ya’akov Recommended™ YouTube channels. It would be great to have others reply to this with additional suggestions with links to the channels if possible. After a while perhaps a curated list can be created. I decided to just go ahead and start compiling the list as the recommendations come in. If you have comments on any recommended channel—positive or negative—please add it to the thread!

Adafruit Labs The official Adafruit channel with tutorials, product applications, and new product news (@Ya’akov)
AfroTechMods Basic component information, practical circuits, test gear reviews (@Ya’akov)
Altium Academy Altium have done a great job putting together great tutorials not only for Altium Designer, but also on PCB design fundamentals. This was where I first saw Rick Hartley (@click_here)
Andreas Spiess MCUs and IoT with a focus on wireless and low power operation (with a Swiss accent) (@Ya’akov)
Artisan Electrics UK-based electrician showing practical electrics in the UK entertainingly with actual examples (@Ya’akov)
Big Clive Cheap eBay device teardowns with schematics and explanations of operation, lots more! (@Ya’akov)
Electrician U Dustin Stelzer, master electrician (in the US) explains professional residential and commercial electrical topics (@Ya’akov)
Electroboom Entertaining discussions about theory and practice from a working engineer (@Ya’akov)
Element 14 Presents The official Element 14 channel with tutorials, product applications, and new product news (@Ya’akov)
Great Scott General practical electronics with explanations of components and circuits (@Ya’akov)
Khan Academy An extensive educational channel covering math, physics, and electrical topics among many others (@Ya’akov)
Mr. Carlson‘s Lab Equipment repair, practical devices, etc, with a focus on vintage and test gear (@Ya’akov)
Ralph S. Bacon Arduino focused tutorials, along the way circuits, components, and PCB fab in a step-by-step format (@Ya’akov)
Sparkfun The official Sparkfun channel with tutorials, product applications, and new product news (@Ya’akov)
The Engineering Mindset Clear explanations of key devices form auto alternators to batteries, to purely mechanical devices (@Ya’akov)
w2aew Great tutorials on basic circuits, ham radio stuff, test and measurement, ... (@click_here)
Walter Lewin The MIT lectures of Professor Walter Lewin with coverage of e-mag with great depth and accessibility (@Ya’akov)

[EDIT: typo repair, revised introduction, added alphabetized table with additional recommendations]

Last edited:

click_here

Joined Sep 22, 2020
w2aew ~ Great tutorials on basic circuits, ham radio stuff, test and measurement, ...

Have a look at the "back to basics" section and you'll see he is a gifted teacher!

Altium Academy ~ Altium have done a great job putting together great tutorials not only for Altium Designer, but also on PCB design fundamentals. This was where I first saw Rick Hartley