Yaskawa v1000 control.

Claus Bald Madsen

Joined Feb 22, 2017
Hi.
I need some assistance, about how to set up my frequency inverter.
Its connected to the motor, and runs as it should.
Now i would like to be able to control speed and direction from a box.
Ive got a pot-meter, and a 3 way switch.
Can anyone explain to me, how to do it?file-page1.jpg

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
The potentiometer (2K) connects as follows. Anticlockwise end of the slider to terminal AC. Clockwise end of the slider to +V Slider to A1 (As shown in the picture you posted.) The common of the three way switch connects to terminal SC. The contact that makes contact with the common when the switch is in the position you want for forward connects to terminal S1. The contact that makes contact with the common when the switch is in the position you want for reverse connects to terminal S2. (Again as shown in the picture you posted.) You will have to read the manual on the inverter and go through the configuration setting. You will probably have the option of inputs S1 and S2 either having the motor running when the contacts are closed or alternating between running and stopped when they are pulsed. (With a push button)

Les.

the external interface I can describe. What I can't describe, it what options you need to set.

S1(fwd=run/stop), S2(Rev-run/stop) and SC. So SC goes to the center terminal of an SPDT switch and S1 and S2 go to the ends respectively. On an "normal" switch, follow the handle through the switch. The terminals that the handle intersects are the terminals that are activated in that position.

You can use SPDT momentary which would be designated as SPDT (on)-off-(on) The SPDT means Single Pole Double Throw.

A 2K pot using the terminals AC. A1 and +V. the oval circle is the shield. They want you to use a shielded cable for this external connection. The shield, in most cases, would only be connected to chassis only on the unit side.

A1 will go to the wiper of the potentometer. A1 and +V will go to each end. +V would go to the CW terminal of the potentiometer and A1 the CCW terminal. if you swap A1 and +V, the max and minimum speeds would change direction.

On the POT side, the resistance between what would be connected to +V and AC will be 2K regardless of the position of the POT. With the POT fully CCW, you would have approximately 0 ohms between what would be connected to AC and A1.

The POT can be anywhere from 2K to 20K and once fitted a voltage can be measured from AC to A1 that will vary from full CCW to full CW.

If you can, don't forget to utilize the safety switch and/or external limit switches.

Claus Bald Madsen

Joined Feb 22, 2017
No, i cant control it from the box, only on the inverter. When i push LO/RE the light turns off as it should, to be on ext control, but i cant control anything at all, i think the pot is working, but since the engine dosnt run, i cant see.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You need to set the parameters for external control, see App B and pages 185 and 376.
The pot is connected to +v, A1 and AC.
You also need to set up the parameters for your particular motor as per the motor plate.
Max.

Claus Bald Madsen

Joined Feb 22, 2017
You need to set the parameters for external control, see App B and pages 185 and 376.
The pot is connected to +v, A1 and AC.
You also need to set up the parameters for your particular motor as per the motor plate.
Max.
Thanks Max.
Now the pot is changing frequence, so far so good.
The parameters for my motor i entered before i tried external control, so these should be ok.
But i still cant get it to run. The switch im using, is 1-0-2, 1 should be fwd, 0 is off, and 2 rew. I just cant see my way out of it.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If set for three wire control, I believe the stop should be closed to SC for enable run and open to stop.
In this case the start is momentary.
Max.

Claus Bald Madsen

Joined Feb 22, 2017
Yeah, and the winner is: ........... Les.
Thank you all of you, im a very happy man now :)
Couldnt have done it with out the help from all of you :)

Ill have to say, you got a great forum here, the one there is in Denmark, well, there is no activity there.
Now i know where to go, when i get startet on Arduino.