Yard Sales in UK

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
They can be seen on the oldest, still commissioned war ship in the world.!
I suspect only for the show Max, because the old ones, AFAIK, were all superseeded by metric ones, some decades ago, thus being not updated as per the Notices to Mariners so considered no fit for use in the bridge.

Is it worth to note that the UK paper charts, when brought on board by your supplier, come corrected to the last N to M. From then on, in merchant vessels, the "correction" (keeping them updated) was (is?) responsibility of the 2nd Mate. If for any chance you did not receive the last N to M, you could go and ask to the nearest British Consulate. I recall doing that, maybe twice. Incredibly efficient.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Albert,
Thanks for the full post.
Why my Light hearted Joke was quoted out of context, I can only guess.

Long ago I used to visit on Saturday's a guys stall in Sheffield that sold Ex-Govt electronics equipment.

In this area, pre Covid weekends, there were a number of Car Boot sales, held in local fields, lots of bargains..

Are you planning a home garden/yard Sale.??

E

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I have quite a few things that might be useful to someone but are not to me any more. As I no longer drive a car transporting them somewhere else is now difficult/impossible.
I am well hidden from any public road so putting stuff outside would be a waste of time.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi A,
I gave a lot of components and equipment to a fellow member Roger, who was running evening, electronic classes for young people around Reading.

Are there any Computer group clubs in your local towns.

E

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I have quite a few things that might be useful to someone but are not to me any more.
The Gumtree site has a 'Freebies' section, as well as a 'For sale' section. Both have served me well for disposing of unwanted items. There should also be a Freegle group local to you.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
We have a local on line site called Kijiji (Swahili for Village) , now owned by ebay, but no seller/buyer fees, aimed at each local community.
Buy/sell/free pick-up's etc.