Yamaha Keyboard P-95 sound problem

Igor3k

Joined Jun 14, 2017
Hi Everybody.

I am trying to fix a similar issue on my P95 only that one channel is faulty with the other working fine on headphones or speaker.
I've checked as many caps as possible and they seem to have continuity as far as I can see. Without great knowledge of electronics could anyone help out in suggesting the next natural step here?

Moderator edit: new thread created from here.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hi Everybody.

I am trying to fix a similar issue on my P95 only that one channel is faulty with the other working fine on headphones or speaker.
I've checked as many caps as possible and they seem to have continuity as far as I can see. Without great knowledge of electronics could anyone help out in suggesting the next natural step here?

Moderator edit: new thread created from here.
That is not the right way to test capacitors.
Caps should not show continuity when tested out of circuit.

Make a list of the most common capacitors found to be faulty in the other thread.
Start replacing each one, one at a time.

Try to figure out which channel is bad, Left or Right. Focus on the capacitors in that channel.

LEFT
C216 100μF/16V

RIGHT
C217 100μF/16V

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I've checked as many caps as possible and they seem to have continuity as far as I can see.
Most fixes have involved replacing capacitors. Since electrolytics are more likely to fail opened, you can try clipping a known good cap across ones that might have failed. That will save you the bother of removing caps that aren't bad and potentially causing more issues if you don't have decent soldering skills. Just make sure you're careful to avoid shorting things and get the polarity right.