XR2206 Kit Review

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
(Sorry for the breif digression) Commerical Electronics Inc. (Mt. View California) bought by Panavision and later closed by Warner Communications. One was the CEI 330, CEI 340, another was the Americam. Yeah, most people never heard of them either.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
After I retired I did a mini-purge of files I hadn't touched in decades, and a lot of the 1970's audio/video paper got recycled. If not for that, I would wow you with datasheets of the 300 series. (I kept the full set of schematics for the AVR-1.)

And, I like the more formal version:

Never Twice Same Color.

ak

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
I did manage to blow one side of the output stage of that LM318 while breadboarding it, but since it was an expensive chip, I added a pull-up (or pull-down) resistor and it worked fine.
On topic, though, does this kit have a counterfeit XR2206 with XR logo, or is it from HLF? HLF is Shenzhen honglifa Electronics Co., http://hlf-ic.cn/en/products/show-134.html I've seen their mark on ICL8038 and LM3915 chips. There's just that picture of an XR2206 with no data, and there's nothing at all about the ICL8038 on their site beyond being included in a list of parts one can inquire about. I guess it's possible their chips have been re-marked and sold as the fake Exars.

Last edited: