xlsx corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Wow. Sure enough! I didn't know there was such a thing...
Bookmarked!
EDIT: Guess who is not on the list..

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
If we know the TS is a spammer or spambot, it is time to lock the thread, unless you want to keep it open for its entertainment value.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
If we know the TS is a spammer or spambot, it is time to lock the thread, unless you want to keep it open for its entertainment value.
Almost of Q/A spam that we just deleted the A spam, so I'm not sure when we will start to delete the Q spam, and it also has a problem that WBahn mentioned before.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I would say that anytime we have a Q that looks like the start of Q/A spam AND they are listed in a spam data base, that we are on pretty firm ground to preemptively treat it as everyday spam by deleting it and permanently banning the spammer.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The past few days I have rejected quite some users that where moderated.
Those are either listed at stopforumspam or dnsbl.
It could well be that the one who wanted to answer was under those rejected users.

Bertus

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
So someday, if WBahn answer the question then he will be on the black list?
Sounds not so good, because we can't make sure for a new member who is to answer the question, does he is really want to answer it or he is the A spam.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
That's a bit of a concern. We've had established members answer some of these questions before and they haven't gotten banned. The telltales are pretty strong -- a new member answering a suspicious question from another new member with a post involving a link to a paid product. We deal with them on a case-by-case.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello,

The past few days I have rejected quite some users that where moderated.
Those are either listed at stopforumspam or dnsbl.
It could well be that the one who wanted to answer was under those rejected users.

Bertus
Good point -- hadn't considered that.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The moderators will have notifications for moderated posts (posts with unwanted text or links in them) and reported posts, that are reported by other members.
I as admin also have notifications for moderated users (these are found in the StopForumSpam database or the DNSBL database)
These can be approved or rejected by me and jrap.

In the following image there are 5 reports and 1 moderated user:

reported_moderated_user.png

Bertus

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wow. Sure enough! I didn't know there was such a thing...
Bookmarked!
EDIT: Guess who is not on the list..
Those list are inaccurate.

Mine has always been listed here

http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

on about 3 different lists and I have dynamic IPs. If you test any IP in the block assigned to Verizon, it is black listed. I can no longer use my mail server to send mail because my hosting company uses those lists and will not send out mail if you are on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.