World Cup 2010

Blackbull

Joined Jul 26, 2008
Nah Markd77 yo aye the ownee un, I cudn’t care less if thay get hommered on Satdee, if yoam a real Brummie yo wow understand wot I’ma sain enyroad up. Doh us Yam Yams spake funny.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Nah Markd77 yo aye the ownee un, I cudn’t care less if thay get hommered on Satdee, if yoam a real Brummie yo wow understand wot I’ma sain enyroad up. Doh us Yam Yams spake funny.
Please make the post readable
And do speak in English if you are posting in my threads

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
....apparently Rifaa has never heard the soccer hooligans speak.

He was making a joke, riffa..

Any whoos, have you heard about that tennis game that ended today AFTER 3 days?

It was the longest match in history. USA beat the Frenchman. ;)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Let me translate:

"No Markd77 you are the only one, I couldn't care less if they got hammered on Saturday. If you are a real Brummie, you wont understand what I am saying anyway. Do us Yam Yams speak funny."

I think. ;)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
That tennis match was amazing, not so much by the quality but by the perseverance of the two players. Glad the American won (of course). It reminded me a little of a cricket match with the play-by-play being carried in the newspaper.

I wonder whether they will now come up with another tie-breaker method after a certain point, something clever like flipping a racket.

John

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Let me translate:

"No Markd77 you are the only one, I couldn't care less if they got hammered on Saturday. If you are a real Brummie, you wont understand what I am saying anyway. Do us Yam Yams speak funny."

I think. ;)
what's a Brummie ? :confused:

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Nice, I'm not a real Brummie (person from Birmingham) yet, I've only lived here 15 years. Nice to know there is a Yam Yam here (someone from the Black Country, an area near Birmingham).

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
They are called Yam Yams because the say Yam instead of "I am". Sounded like a foreign language when I first moved here but you get used to it. We've got some crazy dialects over here. Geordie is really hard to understand.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
They are called Yam Yams because the say Yam instead of "I am". Sounded like a foreign language when I first moved here but you get used to it. We've got some crazy dialects over here. Geordie is really hard to understand.

hahahahahah hehehehehe hhohohoh..
I am....Yam :D Makes sense...

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
America are out and it looks like England are out in about an hour. The Germans are 2-0 ahead. :)

Final result Germany 4 England 1. :)

We suck at sport, except snooker and motor racing.

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Why do they have "extra" time anyway? Less acting on the field and the match could end on time. ;)

Oh well, at least team USA didn't get blown away.

John

Blackbull

Joined Jul 26, 2008
Sorry about my last post; I assumed Mark was from Birmingham Alabama until he spoke in terms of £’s Sterling. I couldn’t resist continuing the (friendly) rivalry that exists between Birmingham England and the Black Country; so named from the air pollution of its industrial past. The Black Country is a collection of towns to the west of Birmingham, originally isolated Anglo Saxon communities, so the accents and dialects change by the mile.
“We suck at sport except snooker” – don’t push our luck, the last time a group of American pool players came over they thrashed the top snooker stars. They don’t mess around with safety shots and snookers they just pocket the balls. Mind that was before Steve Davis revolutionised the game.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Well, Germany KNEW they were going to win a few days ago.

You see, they have a psychic OCTOPUS! They place 2 jars in his tank, each jar contains a flag. One teams flag is in one jar, the other teams flag in the other. Then they put the same amount of the same food in the jars.

She has +80% accuracy so far for this World Cup. People are making loads of gambling wins off her.

Crazy...but true.

http://www.livestreetjournal.net/sports/octopus-predicts-german-victory-over-englandvideo.html