Words to live by

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
In it's most basic form everything in life can be found for free. It's the conversion to make it into something useful that costs.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Some people's destinies are to be the fuses of life and dependably fail at the exact right times and places so that bigger problems are avoided.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Some people's destinies are to be the fuses of life and dependably fail at the exact right times and places so that bigger problems are avoided.
You and I are similar in several ways, but I like your approach to life because it really makes me think.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
In it's most basic form everything in life can be found for free. It's the conversion to make it into something useful that costs.
My father, who worked for an air compressor manufacturer, had a sign over the parts counter for years that stated, "Air is free... until you try to compress it."

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
You and I are similar in several ways, but I like your approach to life because it really makes me think.
I hope you didn't just now realize that your whole purpose in existing was to always fail in a predictable manner in order to prevent greater problems from arising elsewhere? o_O

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Oh, give me a break, predestined to fail is as ridiculous as predestined to succeed. I think you are more predestined to wash my car then anything else. Could you polish the headlights while you are at it?;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I hope you didn't just now realize that your whole purpose in existing was to always fail in a predictable manner in order to prevent greater problems from arising elsewhere? o_O
No, you reminded me that people put themselves in little boxes and I should be aware of that. To me, everybody I meet has infinite possibilities until they open their mouth and start limiting themselves. The fact is that most people have already circumscribed their lives and their identity. They see themselves in a fixed role with limited options. They act according to the role they believe of themselves. A person who believes he can't learn math, can't. A person who believes they are a victim will play out that role, regardless of how they are actually treated. These are only a couple of roles people play. I need to remember to accept what other people have decided their limitations are.

It has been a long time since I was a councilor and the lessons are fading.

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
What's it with you Americans? I know you don't speak English anymore. Did you have a quarrel with the mayor? I think you mixed up counsellor - what you meant- with councillor, a member of a council. HP is having a profound effect on us all!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
No, you reminded me that people put themselves in little boxes and I should be aware of that. To me, everybody I meet has infinite possibilities until they open their mouth and start limiting themselves. The fact is that most people have already circumscribed their lives and their identity. They see themselves in a fixed role with limited options. They act according to the role they believe of themselves. A person who believes he can't learn math, can't. A person who believes they are a victim will play out that role, regardless of how they are actually treated. These are only a couple of roles people play. I need to remember to accept what other people have decided their limitations are.

It has been a long time since I was a councilor and the lessons are fading.
So I tend to tip your box over every now and then huh? :oops:

I was never good at role playing so I just be my ornery independent self as often as possible. :p

Joined Nov 30, 2010
So I tend to tip your box over every now and then huh? :oops:
Yebbut...it's good for me, and it doesn't take me a minute to realize it's good for me. Thanks for rustling my grates.
I think you mixed up counsellor - what you meant- with councillor, a member of a council. HP is having a profound effect on us all!
That's right. I'm not perfect and I represent all Americans. Eighteen months ago, I confused compliment and complement.
It has been a long time since I was in grade school, and those lessons are fading, too. I make a mistake in spelling almost every year.:eek:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Yebbut...it's good for me, and it doesn't take me a minute to realize it's good for me. Thanks for rustling my grates.

That's right. I'm not perfect and I represent all Americans. Eighteen months ago, I confused compliment and complement.
It has been a long time since I was in grade school, and those lessons are fading, too. I make a mistake in spelling almost every year.:eek:

Amature. I try to make a mistake in every sentence. If not spelling then at least in grammatical or punctuation.:p

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
And we don't use a "torch" at night unless we're looking for Frankenstein. We don't keep our flashlight in the boot, or look for our engine under the bonnet while leaning over the wing. And our airplanes are made of aluminum not aluminium too. :)