Woo hoo! I am going to be rich!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Check your old addresses!

Hello, I used to live here. You don't have any checks for me by any chance -- do you?"o_O

Actually I got the card at my current address. I am still waiting for my $15M for buying $5 worth of capacitors. It might seem like a real windfall but not nearly when you consider the mental anguish I have suffered over the possible failure of those capacitors.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Actually I got the card at my current address. I am still waiting for my $15M for buying $5 worth of capacitors. It might seem like a real windfall but not nearly when you consider the mental anguish I have suffered over the possible failure of those capacitors.
Are you cynical enough to look for a coffin when you see a bunch of flowers?:confused:

tranzz4md

Joined Apr 10, 2015
- purely as an aside to wbahn's #6-
Well, I paid $0.289 per US gallon around 1975, so gas inflation has not recently been substantially out of pace with my labor rate (+/- $2.80/gal & $50/hr). There have certainly been points where things were out of line, but not too bad right now! Of course inflation is measured by more than that...

So, we find instances of lawyers out-profiteering oil companies, capacitors, and even certain politicians.....

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Well, I paid $0.289 per US gallon around 1975, so gas inflation has not recently been substantially out of pace with my labor rate (+/- $2.80/gal & $50/hr).

There have certainly been points where things were out of line, but not too bad right now!

Wrong thread??? :confused:

tranzz4md

Joined Apr 10, 2015
OK, Spin, but this entire thread is open to interpretation from it's start, and then when decimals and orders of magnitude kind of,,, fell in...

I got my best laugh of the thread (so far) from papa's "coffins in the flowerbed" shot. You can't blame him for using it!

I don't think the AAC regulars will ever even be a party to any class action, let alone a profitable one. On some level, I'm glad for the few lawyers that are well paid for calling in the jig on the corporate lawbreakers, because without them, one can only imagine stuff we'd be subjected to.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
OK, Spin, but this entire thread is open to interpretation from it's start,
Actually no. It is about a class action lawsuit over caps. I don't see how that can be " open to interpretation". It certainly has nothing to do about the priceof gas nor labor rates.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I ran into my notification card yesterday. There was supposed to be a hearing over a year ago. I haven't heard a thing. :(

Maybe the lawyers took *my* money and bought their own island. :eek:

Just as an aside, the other day I got a check for over $100 from some settlement. Months, maybe a year ago, I filled out a form and sent it in. I have no recollection of what it was about--could have been cat food, icecream, ibuprofen--who knows? But the check was good.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Just as an aside, the other day I got a check for over $100 from some settlement. Months, maybe a year ago, I filled out a form and sent it in. I have no recollection of what it was about--could have been cat food, icecream, ibuprofen--who knows? But the check was good.
So you are the guy that we learn about in math, economics and law. Complaining and suing so hard you forgot which one...;)

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I just got a post card saying I am in a class action lawsuit:
http://www.capacitorsindirectcase.com/

If You Bought an Electrolytic or Film Capacitor Directly From Certain Distributors Since 2002, You Could Get Money From Settlements Totaling Approximately $15 Million

I figure that I bought, at most, $10 worth of caps. Lets see if the lawyers get 1/4 of $10 and I get the rest I fugure that I can retire in luxury.
My sister somehow ended up in a Starkist Tuna class action lawsuit. She eventually got her two bucks or close to it. :)

Figure settlements totalling about 15 million. The attorneys take 50% off the top leaving about 7.5 million. Now with 7.5 million people in the suit you can figure on about $0.50 which will be taxed leaving you about $0.40. :)

Ron

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
My sister somehow ended up in a Starkist Tuna class action lawsuit. She eventually got her two bucks or close to it. :)

Figure settlements totalling about 15 million. The attorneys take 50% off the top leaving about 7.5 million. Now with 7.5 million people in the suit you can figure on about $0.50 which will be taxed leaving you about $0.40. :)

Ron
This is why I always sue alone ;) Gotta get that 1000% Oh I got sloppy on that button pushing....

Somebody sue me:D