Wiring keypad control for 115vac fuel pump

Colevig

Joined Feb 1, 2024
I sell energy for a living. Real life Hank Hill.
i have had several customers ask about an affordable solution for adding honest thief security. Doesnt have to be fort knox but enough to make it more trouble than its worth to steal fuel. The current options on the market are thousands of dollars and do more than the customers need. I am looking at building a junction box setup with a door access keypad that would trigger a timer relay 12vdc input that would run the pump power for 10 minutes or so before shutting off and requiring the code to activate power again. I could use some help on making sure i get the right parts and have the wiring figured out. Posted below are links to the parts I have been looking at. They keypad requires 12vdc power input as well as the relay. I am assuming that i would take the com wire from the keypad ran to the +12vdc trigger on the relay with the ground from the 12v power adapter going to the -12vdc trigger input to activate the timer relay. What would be my solution for running the power from the relay to the pump so that i didn’t have to run a separate load line back into the keypad box.
Can i run my 115vac power into a junction box inside the keypad panel with the 115vac hot wire into the com of the relay and then from the no of the relay to the pump: inside the junction box i would run the line in from the breaker running the hot to the com input then pigtail the NO load to my load wire going to the pump and pigtail the ground and neutral to the load and neutral coming from the breaker to make just one set of 12-3 wire coming from the keypad box to the pump?
I am sure I’m overthinking things here.
Also instead of using the 12vdc power supply i have linked below is there an option to hardwire a 12vdc power supply into the 115vac power that will already be coming into the box so i don’t have to plug the box in to give power to the keypad and relay?

thank you!
Relay
https://a.co/d/iSGme51
Keypad
https://a.co/d/1aRiLDc
Power supply
https://a.co/d/5SCxDXQ

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Can i run my 115vac power into a junction box inside the keypad panel with the 115vac hot wire into the com of the relay and then from the no of the relay to the pump: inside the junction box i would run the line in from the breaker running the hot to the com input then pigtail the NO load to my load wire going to the pump and pigtail the ground and neutral to the load and neutral coming from the breaker to make just one set of 12-3 wire coming from the keypad box to the pump?
This part Yes, and install a receptacle on the junction box for 12 volt adaptor.

Colevig

Joined Feb 1, 2024
This part Yes, and install a receptacle on the junction box for 12 volt adaptor.
No info on the wiring for the keypad so i am assuming it is like the other ones online with a no nc com 12v+ and - exit among other possible options. I know thats not helpful.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Then the setup should work with those 3 components. Seeing a wiring diagram for the keypad would determine the best way to connect to the relay though.