Wiring connections for car amplifier with sub for home use.

zeke105

Joined Jun 24, 2024
Im new to these kinds of stuff, very noob question here but I found an old car amplifier with a sub on it (attached photo).
IMG_2400.jpeg
I’ve watched YT vids on how to actually make it work. Im just wondering if in the “bridged” speaker out i can just put a female 3.5 mm to bare wires.
IMG_2424.jpeg
since i only have 3.5mm speakers at the moment. Would that work? Otherwise what could i do without the need for midranges and tweeter cones that i could just wire since i dont have budget for it currently. Thanks!o_O

zeke105

Joined Jun 24, 2024
What are you trying to do?
Since i dont have midranges/tweeters, I only have satellite speakers that connects via 3.5 mm. And I’m just wondering if I could use a female 3.5 mm jack so that i could try out the amp and the sub. Thanks

Bridged means the speaker goes across two outputs ,+/- it doesn't use ground.
Any connection of one output to another will result in serious damage to expensive and difficult to replace parts. So don't even consider that 3 conductor hookup. The outputs do not use a common connection, ground or otherwise. And the damage is instant.
Aside from that, any speakers small enough to use a 3.5mm connection will be damaged quickly with even just 20 watts of audio.