Wiring capacitor

M short

Joined Nov 6, 2018
I have a weg motor on a air compressor with centrifugal starter switch and I could use some help on how to the capacitor I believe it has two start capacitor and one run capacitor. Two blue wires come out of the motor a T5 and a T8 and the two gray wires goes to the start switch. Any help would be appreciated BE3E1B64-B071-4055-9B2D-5DF7D6BE5F78.jpeg0771543E-7E86-4281-8AC6-0A8DD8BD9A5E.jpeg

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
The main winding will be connected directly between live and neutral. (UK terminology.) The auxiliary winding is in series with the run capacitor (60 uF) and connected between live and neutral. The two 340 uF capacitors in parallel form the start capacitor and are connected in parallel with the run capacitor via the centrifugal switch so they become disconnected when the motor is up to speed. I can't see exactly how the capacitors are connected now as the connector above the middle capacitor obscures the view of the connections on the middle capacitor. Also a picture looking down into the connection box of the motor would be helpful. It is possible that the connection between one side of the centrifugal switch and one end of the auailiary winding is inside the motor ad that point is brought out on a single wire.
NOTE the relationship between the polarity of the main and auiliary windings determine the direction of rotation of the motor.

Les.

Last edited: