Wiring a lead to invertek 1.5kw single phase motor

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If the need is to connect an external mains power feed for operation in a single direction then the mains power feed will be to the terminals associated with U1 and U2, as shown in the photograph..
If the requirement is to provide connections for an external direction selection switch, that will be different.

THAT MEANS THAT THE THREAD STARTER WILL NEED TO EXPLAIN MORE FULLY WHAT IS REQUIRED.
I can provide that information, BUT I will not make any guesses as to what is actually requested.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Invertek VFD?
I do not trust 1ph VFD's and it also depends on what duty the motor is put to, 1ph VFD's are notorious for dropping out of run in high load applications.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I saw no mention at all of a variable speed drive. What is mentioned and shown is a reversable motor. Thus I posted my question, because the request made little sense to me. I am thinking that INVERTEK sells complete sets, motor and drive.
How would YOU define "Extension Lead"??? Presently there are a red wire and a black wire connected to the terminals for the motor power. Perhaps they are not easily noticed?

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There is a nice scheme to have a 3 position center off switch for the motor. It requires a 3-pole 3 position switch. I have used it and it works well. It requires either 7 or eight leads to the motor as I recall.