Wiring a dayton power tool motor

Tommie Hockett

Joined Aug 30, 2017
Howdy yall.
If yall are willing I could use some help wiring up a dayton power tool electric moter model number 4K146BA. It has a small diagram on the side that makes no sense to me. A little over an hour of research hasn't turned up anything. I'm including a few pictures of the motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.20170830_002314.jpg 20170830_002333.jpg

Joined Nov 30, 2010
To a person in the know, the instructions on the motor describe every combination available and each of them involves moving 2 wires. Re-stating both instructions in different words still can't guarantee you will understand because it seems so simple to me that I can't really imagine how to complicate the verbiage enough for you to understand. Let's try to simplify this. You name which function you want and somebody will read the instructions for you.

Your options are:
115 volts
230 volts
clockwise
counterclockwise

Pick any two.

Disclaimer: I can never remember whether clockwise means, "looking at the output shaft" or looking at the other end of the motor. Other people are welcome to help me and the Thread Starter.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Disclaimer: I can never remember whether clockwise means, "looking at the output shaft" or looking at the other end of the motor. Other people are welcome to help me and the Thread Starter.
Up until recently I had always been under the impression that the direction stated referred to looking into the end of the shaft, In buying a couple of motors at my local motor supplier, I found that there are two versions in use, one into the shaft, the other from the back of the motor!!
Evidently you have to consult the Manuf: info.
Talk about confusion.:rolleyes:
Max.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I found that there are two versions in use, one into the shaft, the other from the back of the motor!!
That's probably where my confusion came from. I have installed so many motors that I can't count that high, but it always comes down to, "Read the box it came in." and, "If it runs backwards, do it the other way.":D

Tommie Hockett

Joined Aug 30, 2017
Thanks for the replies fellas. I guess I still need it a little more simple. The cord I have to hook up to it has a white wire a black wire and a green wire. I know the green is ground vut where do I put the other 2. It doesnt matter on clockwise or counter. If it runa backwards I will just turn it around hahaa. It is for a bench grinder. I Appreciate the help fellas and ladies.