Wireless speaker/microphone for robot. Suggestions?

ronsoy2

Joined Sep 25, 2013
People around here are probably getting tired of me suggesting this, but I love my Wyzecam. It supports 2-way audio over wifi and is only ~$20. I guess it's not technically two-way audio because it's push-to-talk at the client end and you can't hear the camera when you're talking. But anyway it does a lot for $20.
I think it only works with a phone? I tried to get it to work with a PC and no luck. You might need android operating to access it?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I think it only works with a phone? I tried to get it to work with a PC and no luck. You might need android operating to access it?
Good point. I was able to view my camera on my Mac by running Bluestacks (an Android emulator). I think the situation may? be similar on the Windows side.

It's a little surprising to me that someone hasn't made a Windows or Mac application that can access the camera. I don't think the TinyCam app developers were particularly devoted to this camera but they figured out how to connect. Why can't anyone else? It may just be a matter of knowing what settings are required.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I also checked it out from previous posts. But it won't mate with my home wifi and windows. And I don't want home videos and audio stored or transmitted to the cloud.