Wireless Relay Help

Gamer91

Joined Sep 23, 2016
Hello all.

I could use some help locating a wireless relay.

My BMWs lighting has go bad and I'm going to use halogen bulbs and bypass all the fancy stuff running my own harness for lighting.

I will unplug the harness from the headlight switch and use that. What I want to do is have a board inside the car that receives inputs that will switch a corresponding boards relay contact that's on the outside of the car. I need 3 separate inputs inside the car that will switch 3 separate outputs outside the car. For Park lights, Headlights On, and Auto.

So that I don't have to drill holes.

Something like these but not so expensive: https://www.controlanything.com/Relay/Relay/WIRELESS_MIRC

Thanks guys.

Gamer91

Joined Sep 23, 2016
Thanks for the help guys. Those are okay but do you guys know of any that have digital input board for the transmitter instead of the key fobs?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I could use some help locating a wireless relay.
When you mention "wireless" you are normally going to find units which use a key fob similar to this one on Amazon. If we remove the key fob how would you like to communicate wireless? The key fob units use a digital code, for example I have one of these old units laying around which learns a rolling digital code from the key fob transmitters.I like the fact that it has a pulse or latching mode. So in lieu of a key fob what would you want for a transmitter?

Speaking of reliability I would make a small switch panel so any of your relay contacts can easily be bypassed. This way if for any reason your system fails a quick switch will restore things like headlights.

Ron

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
You can hack the key fob board to make a switch board. Jump the buttons, and use a voltage regulator instead of a battery. Build yourself a nice panel to put your own switches in and just wire them to the fob PCB

For the record, I still vote for a hard wired solution.