Wireless phone charger

falade47

Joined Jan 24, 2017
Hello guys… I'm working on a wireless charging system and I'm looking at one with very high efficiency.. Which would be advised please..

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello guys… I'm working on a wireless charging system and I'm looking at one with very high efficiency.. Which would be advised please..
Are we talking a particular battery chemistry, or are you going to be universal? How would you measure or define efficiency?

falade47

Joined Jan 24, 2017
Are we talking a particular battery chemistry, or are you going to be universal? How would you measure or define efficiency?
Actually an 18650 li-po battery for my mp3.. I've got options of using RF or or light rays directed upon a solar cell or photo diode.. Talking about efficiency I want to be able to generate up to 10w minimum

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The highest efficiency would be a directly connected commercial charger run from any power source. RF charging is just a gimmick for lazy people. It is not that efficient and is the most complicated. It needs an RF generator circuit, and a detector and charge regulator circuit at the battery. It also needs a power source.
If you are just looking at alternate ways of charging the battery you could use solar cells, a wind or water powered generator or even a hand cranked one.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Actually an 18650 li-po battery for my mp3.. I've got options of using RF or or light rays directed upon a solar cell or photo diode.. Talking about efficiency I want to be able to generate up to 10w minimum
The best efficiency in "wireless" is to make the transmit coil on one half of a transformer core and the receive coil on the other half. The two halves are then touched together tighly when charging. You will get good efficiency that way.