Wireless Energy Transfer

abhi.dictator

Joined Jul 30, 2015
Hey Friends
I'm creating wireless energy transfer circuit for that I'm using inverter circuit to generate 150 kHz square wave signal.I have attached the circuit diagram.When i assembled the circuit,I gave 12 V DC power supply.However at the output i got a square wave of 6 V max Voltage.This means there is voltage drop across the mosfets. F05X22CIWH3EQRH.LARGE.jpg Please note I have used Mosfet IRFZ44N in the circuit and not IRLZ44n.
Please tell me how to get a square voltage with 12v max voltage

Kjeldgaard

Joined Apr 7, 2016
One thing that caught my interest is the "gate pull down" resistors.

They should normally only be installed in the circuit when there is a possibility that the driver circuit can go in tree state mode, and it does not happen in this circuit.

R8 and R9 are actually mounted Drain-Gate, and try to pull the two top transistors on.

abhi.dictator

Joined Jul 30, 2015
One thing that caught my interest is the "gate pull down" resistors.

They should normally only be installed in the circuit when there is a possibility that the driver circuit can go in tree state mode, and it does not happen in this circuit.

R8 and R9 are actually mounted Drain-Gate, and try to pull the two top transistors on.
I change the r8 and r9 resistors from gate to drain to gate to source
That didn't affect anything

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Why are you trying to transmit power as a square wave? Isn't a sine wave much more efficient at transmitting (I.e. Broadcasting) energy?

antonis763

Joined Mar 10, 2017
Hey Friends
I'm creating wireless energy transfer circuit for that I'm using inverter circuit to generate 150 kHz square wave signal.I have attached the circuit diagram.When i assembled the circuit,I gave 12 V DC power supply.However at the output i got a square wave of 6 V max Voltage.This means there is voltage drop across the mosfets. View attachment 123360 Please note I have used Mosfet IRFZ44N in the circuit and not IRLZ44n.
Please tell me how to get a square voltage with 12v max voltage
A 555 timer i think that is the most simple way or 2xTransistor oscilator:
About 555 this is a cool simulation which maybe will work for you http://www.falstad.com/circuit/e-555square.html
About transistors you can use this

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
The output of the inverter is directly Connected to oscilloscope
Otherwise will be connected to transmitting coil in series with a capacitor
For the driver to work you need a load. Put say a 100 ohm resistor where tou would normally put the coil. Then put the ground clip on ground and one probe on each side of the resistor.

abhi.dictator

Joined Jul 30, 2015
For the driver to work you need a load. Put say a 100 ohm resistor where tou would normally put the coil. Then put the ground clip on ground and one probe on each side of the resistor.
I measured the voltage with the coil connected to circuit the results were same