WIRELESS COMMUNICATION

amaljames

Joined Jul 8, 2019
HI all
I have a project which contains 5 stm32 controllers which are connected to each other in rs 485 line, the data sending to all stm32 devices is the same. Actually, I want to replace the 485 wired communication to wireless communication mode please suggest any wireless module which can replace the rs 485 line completely wireless. I searched the internet but I didn't get an exact idea about it please help. The attachment consist of a block diagram of my system please have a look at it.

upload_2019-7-16_12-50-6.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
HI all
I have a project which contains 5 stm32 controllers which are connected to each other in rs 485 line, the data sending to all stm32 devices is the same. Actually, I want to replace the 485 wired communication to wireless communication mode please suggest any wireless module which can replace the rs 485 line completely wireless. I searched the internet but I didn't get an exact idea about it please help. The attachment consist of a block diagram of my system please have a look at it.
Hi A,
Have a look at HC-12 radio modules, they can work with HSEROUT/IN
Cheers, Camerart.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
HI all
are you using rs485 1/2 or full duplex four or two wire?
Point to multi point?
master=>slave
or point to (multi point) each node is able to start conversation with any node?
What is the turnaround time excepted by the host ( overdue ==> generate communication error)

Picbuster

amaljames

Joined Jul 8, 2019
Point to multi point?
master=>slave
or point to (multi point) each node is able to start conversation with any node?
What is the turnaround time excepted by the host ( overdue ==> generate communication error)

Picbuster

Hi thanks..

How many receivers can connect with this HC-12 transmitter module??
I want to communicate with 5 to 6 receivers is that possible??

amaljames

Joined Jul 8, 2019
Point to multi point?
master=>slave

Picbuster

Hi thanks...

1, half duplex.
2, 2wire T+ and T-.
3, No master to slave, single point and multi point communication (transmit and receive process).
4, All multi points nodes will acknowledge to single point node after successful transmission.
5, No communication between multi point nodes.
6, No worries about turn around time.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Hi thanks...

1, half duplex.
2, 2wire T+ and T-.
3, No master to slave, single point and multi point communication (transmit and receive process).
4, All multi points nodes will acknowledge to single point node after successful transmission.
5, No communication between multi point nodes.
6, No worries about turn around time.
Turnaround time is unavoidable when using 1/2 duplex.
RS485 input is listing to the transmitter when the line is free it will send an answer.
Implication:
Time needed to evaluate incoming data.
Time needed to switch from receive to transmit in radio-set and electronics.
The line is not busy during that time allowing any node to start conversation and collision is possible.

Picbuster