Wireless cable (analog) TV transmitter circuit

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Hi,
First question is why analog cable do not radiates in the air even if I connected a sort wire (as antenna) to the core wire of cable TV? Yes it radiates few inches poorly or TV receives poor signal if I did so. Does it mean the signal of cable TV is so low to transmit in the air?

Main question is, to transmit cable TV in the air such devices available : http://www.aitech.com/products/wirelesscabletv.htm But I am not getting simple version of toy cable TV transmitter 'circuit' around internet easily. There are just TV modulator (transmitter) available.

The highest channel of my cable TV has 855MHz so I think I could experiment with few of S9018 (1.1GHz) transistors if I could find guidance circuit.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Does it mean the signal of cable TV is so low to transmit in the air?
I'm no expert, but yes, the signal is far too small.

Main question is, to transmit cable TV in the air such devices available : http://www.aitech.com/products/wirelesscabletv.htm But I am not getting simple version of toy cable TV transmitter 'circuit' around internet easily. There are just TV modulator (transmitter) available.
I don't understand the question. What's wrong with the commercial products? What are you looking for but not finding?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You probably can't find simple circuits because broadcasting the whole wide-bandwidth cable TV signal is likely illegal.

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
In my FM toy transmitter experience, a general purpose BJT OSC with 3V transmits just around room without antenna connected.

I have an experience of jamming TV of my home too when I turned ON my DIY and poor man's regenarative FM receiver. I did't used that one any more.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Thank you sensacell, but for this moment I do not want to use professional devices. I just want to experiment and see. So I want to play with DIY circuits.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Thank you sensacell, but for this moment I do not want to use professional devices. I just want to experiment and see. So I want to play with DIY circuits.
Unless you've had some experience with wide-band, high-frequency circuits, good luck with that. :rolleyes: