WiFi unit that can send SMS

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Good Day

I have a Telemetry unit that sends SMS's when a condition happens.

My application is as follows,

It is being used in a retirement village where there are 160 Residents.

What we have is a process where by they push a remote Tx and it activates an Input on the Telemetry device. This then sends a SMS (TEXT message) to a control room where someone is dispatched. The SMS (TEXT message) also goes to the surrounding neighbors and to the Office.

The purpose of this is so that the person activating the button can get assistance quickly.

When the reactor gets there he is trained in basic medical aid and has numbers for other services Ambulance, Paramedics and Undertakers.

We are trying to make the system as efficient as possible. So we want to be able to back it up with a WiFi unit as well. Basically I am am trying to find if there is a commercially available product that if it receives an input it can send SMS (TEXT message) utilizing the WiFi network, This way we have two systems running in parallel.

I have seen a GSM Dallier but its similar to what we already have in place we looking for a WiFi unit to add to the system

Many thanks

Rodney

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Have you seen this?

A GSM modem provides the SMS software with a secure gateway to the GSM network, with only two limitations. The amount of SMS message that can be sent and/or received is limited to 12-30 messages per minute, depending on the GSM modem and network, and it is not possible to send SMS messages with alternative numeric or alphanumeric sender id’s.

Source: https://www.diafaan.com/how-to/choose-gsm-modem/