Wife is out the door!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well what more can I say? It was a good day!

Got her moved out today so she is now in her own apartment in town and on her own. :cool:

I forgot how good pop tarts taste when eaten in my living room without a plate and having to adhere to level 2+ clean room specs. :D

I even let the kitties clean up the crumbs and I just might get around to vacuuming the rest of them up in day or two or a week perhaps if ever. :p

The plan for tonight is to eat junk food then go to bed early and sleep late tomorrow then walk around my house in my underwear until I am good and ready to get dressed or go back to bed. ;)

It certainly is the little things that make life enjoyable. Oh how I missed them. :D

Well what more can I say? It was a good day!

Got her moved out today so she is now in her own apartment in town and on her own. :cool:

I forgot how good pop tarts taste when eaten in my living room without a plate and having to adhere to level 2+ clean room specs. :D

I even let the kitties clean up the crumbs and I just might get around to vacuuming the rest of them up in day or two or a week perhaps if ever. :p

The plan for tonight is to eat junk food then go to bed early and sleep late tomorrow then walk around my house in my underwear until I am good and ready to get dressed or go back to bed. ;)

It certainly is the little things that make life enjoyable. Oh how I missed them. :D

Look on the bright side, free's up more space in the bedroom for a workbench! Just make sure when she gets half your stuff you give her the Oscope channel that dosnt work ;). enjoy the pop tarts while you still have the toaster :D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I know this may not be appreciated, but I am sorry. How is the kid taking it?
Good so far but I seriously doubt that she is aware of how many new limitations she is going to have in her life living in an apartment rather than having free range run out in the country. :(

The wife wanted to move out despite the fact she is flat broke with her credit cards maxed out plus living paycheck to paycheck on a near $50K a year base pay job so no TV, no internet other than the phone and a brand new pile of bills to pay just for the convenience of living in town.:rolleyes:

Also we signed the paperwork saying neither of us wants anything from the other so she is stuck with it now. :cool:

I on the other had have already seen that my vehicle and home insurance bill drop by half, my phone bill will be about1/3 of what it used to be plus my food bill will be about 1/3 and more than likely my electric bill will go down being everything will not be let on all the time anymore. :D

I will be seeing at least a $300 - $400 a month drop in my general bills and she will be seeing at least $1200 - $1400 in increases!:rolleyes:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Look on the bright side, free's up more space in the bedroom for a workbench! Just make sure when she gets half your stuff you give her the Oscope channel that dosnt work ;). enjoy the pop tarts while you still have the toaster :D
Actually the who gets what part has already been decided and the paperwork signed. No loss on my end. :D

As for work space I will finally get my new '12 x 20' entryway shed back and I also gained the spare bedroom back as a computer room and office.. Daughters room will stay pretty much untouched though. ;)

See hwat did I say in the other place about them messing with shed space ;). Cheaper to rent than buy in the long run and alot less hassle :D. Is taking ages to save for a deposit on my pocket money lol :D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
It gets better. I also have a new 14' x 20' workshed with heated concrete floor about 20 feet from the old house now too.:cool:

I put that together last summer when my wife decided that the new entryway shed I built so that I could have one room of the house for me was going to be her workspace. Mine now! :D

Some blokes get all the luck lol. I cant moan I inherited my dads lab when he dies recently. I just dont have the heart to go in there yet, there is an incubator or two with cultures in that I MUST clean out for safety reasons. But its taking the first step over the door.

I wish so badly he had seen my project now its almost complete.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Some blokes get all the luck lol. I cant moan I inherited my dads lab when he dies recently. I just dont have the heart to go in there yet,
I can relate being I lost my mom way too early about 6 years ago. :(

I cherish the silence (in my home).
Well I still have her 7 cats here so.....

But yea still quieter and less upkeep than a wife! :D

Plus no matter how many times I kick them out the door they will always be happy to see me when I let them back in. ;)

SILENCE?? Where is the roar of motors and things going bang?
Well it has only been a few hours.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Hmmm... :rolleyes:

Less than 24 hours by herself and she has already called the house twice plus needs to borrow money until she gets paid at the beginning of next month.

Sounds like it also took all of one night for kiddo to come to the realization that her new apartment life is not fun. Gotta be quiet all the time, no kitties, no internet, no TV, can't go outside whenever she wants, no ME! :(:( :(

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hmmm... :rolleyes:

Less than 24 hours by herself and she has already called the house twice plus needs to borrow money until she gets paid at the beginning of next month.
So whatcha gonna do? Not knowing the dynamics involved, I'd be tempted to GIVE her some money telling her that I understand that the transition to being on her own has caused some cash shortage, but that once the beginning of the month comes she is on her own and has to live within her means (unless something else is worked out and put in writing). Of course, it would be completely reasonable (and even irresponsible not to) to give her some money each month to support the kidlet.

Sounds like it also took all of one night for kiddo to come to the realization that her new apartment life is not fun. Gotta be quiet all the time, no kitties, no internet, no TV, can't go outside whenever she wants, no ME! :(:( :(
Amazing how kids always seem to fail to see the full picture of a major change. And it seems to cut both ways. Either they only see the bad side of moving or they only see the good side of moving, they never see both.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I agreed to give her a few hundred, against my better judgement given her past track record of borrowing money, to get by on until next payday but she has to pay me back as soon as she gets paid or there will be no more help. :(

Interestingly enough two of the primary reasons my wife wanted to leave was because of my always looking at the financial big picture and not burning through every dime I get the instant some dumb idea pops into my head.
Another was over my always weighing out the good and bad of most any actions that we would do as a family.

Less than 24 hours on her own and she is flat broke plus has no food in the house. :mad:

I will always be there for my daughter but dang it her mom makes things too hard too much of the time for no other reason than to make a point about her rights to do something that she never really thought out to begin with. :oops:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
My sister and your wife might have a lot in common.

When she was on welfare (hell, she still IS on welfare nearly four decades later) she would get more money from the state every month than I was making working full time in a restaurant. Yet less than a week after getting "paid" she would be calling up my dad crying about how she didn't have any money for diapers or baby food. He made the mistake exactly once of giving her the money to buy them, because she spent all of it on pizza and other crap. So he would routinely buy the items for the kids and deliver it to her so that at least it was more likely that they wouldn't go without. That continued that way until she found someone stupid enough to marry her -- and within less than two years she had him completely bankrupt, including all of his retirement savings.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I predict...a move back home.
That seems likely to me too, and it will be brought about by incessant requests for money, using the child's welbeing as a bargaining chip. Constant emotional pleas: "your daughter doesn't have clothes for school," "your daughter doesn't have lunch money," "your daughter wants to do ballet but I can't afford it... here honey, ask your daddy. ." Meanwhile every dime you send gets blown on takeout and paying the monthly minimum on credit cards maxed out at the outlet mall. This followed by "If you can't manage the money I give you, then I'll have to manage it myself. And I can't do that from over here. You're going to have to manage on your own, or come back here so I can micromanage you." And she's proven she can't manage on her own. So, what does that leave?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I agreed to give her a few hundred, ................
Yup, that is exactly right, you gave her a few hundred, not loaned, but you have to expect things like that. Whether or not she is successful living on her own, she will need your help. She could have gotten a lawyer (with your money) and sued you for money that you don't have, and you would have had to hire a lawyer to keep the money that you don't have from going to her. She could have easily bankrupted you.

I agree with tracecom that there is a good possibly that she will want to move back. Don't give in too easily.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I predict...a move back home.
That happened to my brother with his ex. I learn from my family's mistakes and no she won't be coming back!

Although unfair to my daughter I am not her biological father nor do I have one word of legal rights towards her well being and her mother knows that so there is zero legal grounds she can work with in our state.

To be honest being she has yet to acquire permanent US citizenship so even trying to sue me or whatever would be an extremely high risk for her getting kicked out of the country. We had the new immigration and marriage laws drilled into us big time when she came over here and they are not in her favor like the old ones form 10 or more years ago.
Especially so being I had her sign the divorce papers as her being the plaintiff which makes it look suspiciously like she just married me to get citizenship with a long term plan to divorce me when her permanent citizenship was looking like a reality. ;)

Regardless of what happens I am going to be as nice as I can be through it all but I have no problems with standing my ground when necessary. This was her choice to leave so she will have to live with it. ;)