Why your username?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Un-personal computer? You mean like...a toaster?

At least caramel isn't one of those hideous imac colors :p
No un-PC as in un-politically-correct. Surely you've heard of political-correctness - its the removal of common sense in the face of trival matters! But then this is another, more serious discussion.

I'm not aware of those hideous imac colours...Google Images here we come...

Dave

mine came from back in middle school, when watching Gladiator w/ the friends. Calius, my first name is Cale. Optimus, the brand name of my radioshack mixing board sitting next to the tv. lmao! :D

Arm_n_Legs

Joined Mar 7, 2007
Just got into the "Arm" race. Boss says must do Arm. 8051 don't sound sexy. So die die must do, otherwise gonna cost me arm and legs.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
the username implies uncontrolled fire in jap (unlike me) it became a tradition for me and my friend to use this username for the sake of easiness in remembering .
02 was just one of many numbers used but for some reason it was most used.

my actual name implies wind.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Mine is my brand's name. I use it in sourceforge or anim8tor. I could be called microsoft (with non capital "m"), but then again, I don't want to take the risk of having to wear a nice and comfortable lawsuit (courtesy of Gates, Bill Gates).

arthur92710

Joined Jun 25, 2007
Im sorry dave, but I shouldest be using the computer. Can you explain?

Well thats my first name and the 92 is the year I was born. 711 was given to me many years ago at pogo games(I have not visited since... hum I forgot, but very long ago!). Apperently I was not the only arthur92. And it has stuck to me ever since.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Im sorry dave, but I shouldest be using the computer. Can you explain?
Coming from the other side of the Atlantic, we regularly hear about MS in court in one of many law-suits (usually with the EU). I was merely alluding to that fact.

Dave

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
A long time ago in a place far, far away, I was on active duty in the Marines, and our entire fighter squadron attended the premier of "Star Wars" Episode IV: A New Hope.

Immediately upon returning to the hangar, my commanding officer, a LtCol, pointed at me exclaiming "You're Wookie!". I was a tall, thin Corporal with my hair and moustache at the bleeding edge of the regulations, and my last name is actually pronounced quite similar to Wookie. What else was he going to nickname me? ;)

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
:eek: I thought it was crew-cuts in the services.
In ground units, like Infantry, Artillery, Tanks, etc. - they tend to keep their hair quite short. One of the big reasons for that is a gas mask seals much better if you don't have hair in the way. It also has a psycological effect on the enemy.

The Marine Aviation community was much more relaxed aka informal than ground units. It had to be. Maintaining the airframes and systems of high performance aircraft took a great deal of training and knowledge. We worked long and hard to keep our aircraft in readiness; and our aircrews (pilots and RIOs, Radar Intercept Officers) would take them out every day and fly them at the edge of the envelope. And in the mid-70's, our Phantoms had a LOT of hours on them already.

Fifteen miles of wire in each F-4J, and LOTS of screws holding the panels on that hid the wire harnesses. Every day was a challenge.

Young_SR

Joined Jan 9, 2008
My name is common enough that every time I applied to a BBS, or Prodigy, or a forum, I would find that my name, as a user name, would already be in use.

Young_SR was what I was referred to while stationed on a Sub in my Navy days. Always gets accepted as a new user name. Besides it is easy for me to remember.

Steve