why the Proteus potentiometer simulation ammeter read 0?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there :) normally a picture is worth a thousand words. What settings have you set for the amp meter in proteus? perhaps your scale resolution?
Scale/resolution can be changed in the edit properties tab. Stop the simulation and Right-Click on the instrument or Double Click on the instrument for Edit properties tab. Change the Scale to desired units.
This is just a guess. In the future please provide all available information, although they do call me Sherlock Ohms!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Your ammeter can read AC amps with a resolution of 10mA.
Your circuit is drawing 5mA DC.

Change your ammeter to one that can read 10mA DC full scale or at least with a resolution of 1mA or smaller.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there again :) if possible to avoid confusion, upload an image including the drop-down menu of the object in question but if not, that's okay too, we're here to help;)
1622431977642.png

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Thanks for all helpers.
it is the 'Scale/resolution' problem.
The R=1K and I = 0.005A, the meter shown 0.05 when I set V=50v.
Best to all.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The Proteus schematic in post #6 has wires going all over the place like Multisim does.
Why is a 1000 ohms voltage divider pot used and is set to only 10 ohms instead of using a 25 ohms power rheostat?
What limits the LED current if the pot is set to minimum resistance?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Post number #6 was a visual representation to include the tab selected for the electrical opponent or instrument in question. In doing so... Nudging ,ever so slightly the thread starter to catch his own mistake.
In revisiting this thread I can see how I may have antagonized you, it was not my intent. You are a far too precious resource for myself and this entire community in your conveyance of knowledge. An order of magnitude my superior. I will not engage you.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
On its 10A setting, my multimeter reads 9.999A max and 0.001A (1mA) minimum.
The thread starter had his simulator set to read AC amps but the circuit was DC only with no AC.