Why doesn't it work?(Problem booting Windows from USB sitck)

Easser

Joined Mar 28, 2019
Why? I don't know why,i made a bootable USB drive with iSOburn,but to my surprise, my computer (Windows 10) was not booted from it.Computer said: No bootable device found.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Why? I don't know why,i made a bootable USB drive with iSOburn,but to my surprise, my computer (Windows 10) was not booted from it.Computer said: No bootable device found.
There is not nearly enough information in your question to answer it.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Have you ever successfully booted from a thumb-drive on your computer before?

So you plugged the USB in and tried to boot.......and it said No bootable device found.......instead of booting normally to the windows hard disk?

Easser

Joined Mar 28, 2019
Have you ever successfully booted from a thumb-drive on your computer before?

So you plugged the USB in and tried to boot.......and it said No bootable device found.......instead of booting normally to the windows hard disk?
That was the first time i did that.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Why doesn't it work?
What doesn't work?

Step back and think about this for a moment. There are over 500,000 members on AAC and over 1.3M messages.
Please try to inform readers what your thread is about by supplying more specific information in your thread title.

For example, here is a better title:

Bootable USB drive does not boot on Windows 10.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Some BIOS don't allow USB boot until they see the USB device first. That is, you need to cycle thru the BIOS twice with the USB plugged in before the BIOS allows it to be a "device" that it recognizes.
Basically do this:
1) Plug in the USB and boot to BIOS. See if the BIOS recognizes the USB device. If so, put it into any boot list. Save settings
2) reboot to BIOS again, without shutting down. and this time see if you can select the USB device as a boot device.

If you remove the USB device and re-insert it, the BIOS drops it as a boot device.
I find this true on some laptops (Lenovo) and some Dell desktops. Other BIOSs may be different, and auto detect the boot option the first time around.