Who Write The Original Fish Sticks Joke?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello there,

The title was supposed to read "Who wrote the original fish sticks joke". Small typo.

Anyone who watches South Park has surely seen the episode S13E5 "Fishsticks" where Kanye West simply can not understand the joke and so when people ask him if he likes fishsticks he says "yes", and when they say "what are you a gay fish" he gets mad and proclaims he is not a fish and he is not gay either. It's really funny and has been watched by over a million viewers nationwide.
The original creation of the joke in that episode was accredited to "Jimmy".

But i remember first hearing this joke back when i was in 7th or 8th grade, so i was wondering if we could trace it back to its real origin.
I checked on the web but didnt find anything except the SP episode.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
@Ian Rogers
I believe the pun is on how it's said/pronounced. If said awkward and fast enough it sounds like "fish dicks"
Just an explanation Mods
Haven't watched cartoons since I was a child.
I believe your going to outta luck MrAI. If you heard it when you were young then the author will be lost to time or can never be proven to have wrote it.
Brzrkr

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
But i remember first hearing this joke back when i was in 7th or 8th grade, so i was wondering if we could trace it back to its real origin.
I checked on the web but didnt find anything except the SP episode.
https://theinterrobang.com/bill-hader-south-park-fishsticks-episode/

If we can believe Bill Hader, and I think we can, it's a case of parallel evolution. It's probably occurred to many English speaking 12-yr-olds but only a few ever did anything with it.

There was an episode of the Simpsons that revealed a secret library where the history of all jokes is stored. That would be cool in real life.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Well they came up with the repackaging not the joke itself.
They pull a lot of stuff from the distant past.