Who runs EEHELP website?

David_Baratheon

Joined Feb 10, 2012
Hi guys, any idea who runs EEHELP? Its a site that helps with electrical and electronic related things.

https://www.eehelp.com/

There is no way to login, ask questions, or do anything other than search old questions.

They have no account on twitter or anything and the web master contact email doesn't give any responses.

Just wondered if anyone here knows anything about the site or how I can get in contact with an admin?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The site seems to be just an aggregator screen scraping various manufacturers help sites and indexing them. The “articles” provide links to the original.

There is a “contact us” in the footer with an email address which may or may not get you anything, but it’s not really a content generator, just a consumer.

David_Baratheon

Joined Feb 10, 2012
Thats annoying. They scraped some of my content that I need removing

Any online whizz know how I can track them down? The site has been going 22 years and is worth about 30k so unlikely to offline any time soon and I dont want my content up there forever

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
You can use the private registration email address from the domain’s whois entry. If that doesn‘t get results and they are using your copyrighted work, research how to make a DCMA takedown demand to their hosting provider.

If the site they scraped is still up and doesn’t have an explicit copyright notice, add one before you start.

David_Baratheon

Joined Feb 10, 2012
The site they scraped from was modified, but EEHELP has kept the original rather than rescraping the modified version.

On whois they list godaddy.com as the owner and contact so I could try that. It also says something about "domains by proxy" so I guess they have covered themselves?

https://who.is/whois/eehelp.com

David_Baratheon

Joined Feb 10, 2012
Had a response from GoDaddy

Support Staff Response
Dear Sir or Madam,

The website www.eehelp.com is not hosted by GoDaddy. We ask that you please note the following information:

The REGISTRAR is the company that sells a domain name registration to a person or company.
The REGISTRANT is the person or company that purchases a domain name for use.
The HOSTING PROVIDER is the company that provides space on it's computers for the files that make up the content of the website.

While GoDaddy offers services as both a REGISTRAR and a HOSTING PROVIDER, this does not mean that we provide both services for every domain that is registered through our company.

Currently, it appears that the point of contact for this site will be CloudFlare, Inc. While they are not the hosting provider, they do provide DNS service to the site and should be able to direct you to the actual hosting provider. You'll need to contact them for assistance in identifying the actual hosting provider.

We pulled this information from public records and are including it only as a courtesy. If you first identify the IP address of the website, you can then find who that IP address is assigned to. In most cases, this is a much more accurate method for determining who is hosting a website. As I said, in this case the IP address is provided by Cloudflare who only provides a DNS routing service but they should be able to point you to the correct hosting provider. As GoDaddy only acts as the registrar, we are not able to assist you further with this matter.

If you have concerns regarding phishing or other types of abuse issues, please submit a complaint using the form located at ABUSEFORM.COM. We are not able to assist you with abuse based complaints from the Intellectual Property Infringement Claims department.

If you feel that illegal activity is taking place with regards to this domain (or any associated website content), you'll want to contact law enforcement. GoDaddy is not a law enforcement agency and cannot perform an investigation of this nature. We will be happy to assist law enforcement if they contact us directly about an open investigation.

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

D Preston
Go Daddy