LTspice runs very slow problem

Charly Huang

Joined Mar 16, 2023
Hi everyone,
I am freshman in LTspice. I make a circuit (as attachment) to simulate what it will be affected with 1kV surge voltage, but the LTspice was simulating very slow. I checked the error file and found many "Heightened Def Con..." message (as screenshot below).
1710144728990.png

I try to make one of following change, and then the simulated speed become to normal.
  • The V2 is set 100V.
  • The C3 is set to 0.3uf.
  • Instead the D2 with short circuit
1710144968308.png

I do not know why it was.
Is anyone can kindly help to give a suggestion or solution to let the circuit can run simulation in normal speed but not change the circuit structure or components value?

Many thanks for your kindly help in advance.

Attachments

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Many thanks for the reply but I do not understand why the raising/falling time of V2 will affect the simulation speed in this circuit. What is the reason?
The thyristor is turned on by an increase in voltage if the rate of voltage rise is above a certain value. I thought 1 µs was too long. I don't think the counting rate depends much on the front. I used the UIC option.

Charly Huang

Joined Mar 16, 2023
The thyristor is turned on by an increase in voltage if the rate of voltage rise is above a certain value. I thought 1 µs was too long. I don't think the counting rate depends much on the front. I used the UIC option.
Thanks a lot for the explanation.
I made this simulation is for EMC surge test. The test waveform must be 8/20us or 10/1000us. Therefore, your suggestion cannot resolve my problem. Anyway, thanks for your time and suggestion.
Attached the new file is with the test waveform B1.

Attachments