Votes: 0 0.0%
  • thatoneguy

• Total voters

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
Exercise your right of democracy!

Who is your favorite person on this forum? If your favorite person is not on the poll, select your favorite from the poll!

Good luck, brave exerciser of democracy!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Oh! That must be Loosewire. The others on the list are either doggone grumpy or utter predictable to the borderline of being boring. But Loosewire is like the Memorable quote from Forrest Gump "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.":p

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
jaygatsby is most welcome around here but we already have one forum member that thinks the world of himself (not an attractive trait). We just don't need another.

Lets hope this thread serves as a lesson and that we will soon be seeing interesting posts from jaygatsby and any other fourm member that seems to think everything in their life is of interest to others.

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
No offense folks, but I've been posting nonsense on various web boards for years and years... and people generally jump in on the fun.

Maybe it's the age group here, or maybe it's that electrical type folks are introverts... or something.

And spinnaker, for a guy with a drunk pirate avatar, you sure are a stick in the mud sometimes. I bet you rarely even finish off a six pack.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
No offense folks, but I've been posting nonsense on various web boards for years and years... and people generally jump in on the fun.

Maybe it's the age group here, or maybe it's that electrical type folks are introverts... or something.

And spinnaker, for a guy with a drunk pirate avatar, you sure are a stick in the mud sometimes. I bet you rarely even finish off a six pack.
Does drinking a lot of beer somehow equate to fun? The last time I have finished a six pack, I was maybe 18 years old. I have grown up since then, I can't drink a lot because I get sick when I do. I'm mature enough to know that it simply is not worth it just to appear cool.

If you have been posting this kind of thing "for years", I think it is long past time that you grow up.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I don't want to get caught in a dog fight but, is the Tail Wagging the Dog or is the Dog Wagging the Tail?

I can't tell which at this point.

Someone help me!

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
Does drinking a lot of beer somehow equate to fun? The last time I have finished a six pack, I was maybe 18 years old. I have grown up since then, I can't drink a lot because I get sick when I do. I'm mature enough to know that it simply is not worth it just to appear cool.

If you have been posting this kind of thing "for years", I think it is long past time that you grow up.
What's the avatar meant to convey, I'm curious.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
@ jaygatsby,

The problem with your poll isn't that it was lighthearted and playful. As you noticed, we fool around and tease each other all the time in Offtopic.

The problem with it was a thoughtless multiple choice question that could lead only misunderstanding, given time.

Yes, it has to do with the age group and the general level of self-esteem. Notice that opposite to some other fora, we don't have a "I ban such and such member because..." thread. That's because most guys and gals who hang around here know their place and level and fun goes as far as it is tolerated.

You are relatively new around here. This isn't a public square nor Candit Camera. This is a second home for many members. Stay a little and learn the house rules.

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
Well.... two things to say about that...

1) This post is easily (obviously) misunderstood. My mistake. You are all cool people and it would be nice to be myself and jerky, but I don't want to cross you guys. :)

2) Stay a little and learn the house rules.... well yes, but... I bet it would be more fun if I could just keep posting random things for us introverts to enjoy together... like my ghost story thread. That was just some random crap that I came up with during a bender, but people have left stories and it's pretty awesome.

Moral: I mean you no harm, I like you guys, and take it easy!