Who is better, the scientist or the engineer?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I had a friend and co-worker who was a Sr. Physicist at an aerospace company in California. He had PC boards that he made in his kitchen sink orbiting the earth. He used to say that engineers were physicist who could not make it. We worked together as consultants on some hi-tech military products and I miss him a lot.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I had a friend and co-worker who was a Sr. Physicist at an aerospace company in California. He had PC boards that he made in his kitchen sink orbiting the earth. He used to say that engineers were physicist who could not make it. We worked together as consultants on some hi-tech military products and I miss him a lot.
Engineers are not physicist who could not make it. The great engineers are people with talents and abilities most great physicist don't have and will never learn. That type of academic arrogance is why some physicist lost a $10,000 bet on the faster than wind demonstration.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Asking engineer vs scientist? Really? What's next, engineer or manufacturing technician? It's all like parts of the body arguing which is most important. As the brain and heart have a battle of wits, they realize they are not feeling so well. The mouth asks, "hey, who's not doing their job". Then the asshole speaks up and says, "I'm not doing anything until you all realize I'm in charge."
...And that's why the shipping clerk is the most important person in a manufacturing organization.