Whitney Houston Dead at 48

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
The fact that people continue rolling the dice with an insidious poison like cocaine, which is capable of inducing fatal siezures with a SINGLE dose, speaks to the all-consuming power of its addiction, which for many, leads inexorably to the graveyard, or, if they are very lucky, a strait jacket in the loony bin.

Sadly, for most still trapped in the throes of cocaine addiction, Ms. Houston's death will impart NO lessons at all.
Prescribed Rx's have proved to be more dangerous and attributed to more OD's and issues. Not that I condone cocaine usage or anything like that, far from it. But we have a whole generation of pop a pill for everything, it started when they lifted the ban on advertising Rx's. Now its 30% of the advertising on TV. I wonder what are the health effects of being told you have erectile disfunction and COPD every 4 minutes? So while we do have an illegal drug problem and it is bad, I don't think its anywhere close to the problem with the legal shady Dr.s giving out script for everything.

That is a good point Max. Prescription drugs don't get as much press coverage as Class A substances, since there isn't that taint of illegality, yet, over-the-counter pharmaceuticals quietly take their toll all the same.