Where to find this USB 3.0 type A male connector from USB flash drive?

Ambrosios

Joined Jan 20, 2019
Most of the USB 3.0 keys that I see use the connector that we see on the left of the picture below.
The 9 pins at the rear of the connector are on two layers.

On marketplaces (eBay / Aliexpress / Alibaba / Amazon), I could only find the connector model that we se on the right of the picture, where all pins are located on the bottom of the connector. Unfortunately the pitch between the pins is not the same, so that the pins are not aligned with the tracks on the USB key. Altough one can use small wires, this is very boring when repairing USB keys.

Another difference is that ususally connectors used by flash drive makers have an hole in their fastening pins located on both sides of the connector, so that that the brazing better fastens the connector, whilst connectors sold on marketplaces use solid pins. Lastly, the metal for the pins is not as good as thus used by flash drive makers, and breaks easily.

I'm in Europe and also browsed several online catalogues from distributors, (Mouser, Distrelec, Digikey, Farnell).
Although the connector seems very popular by USB flash drive makers, I could find it nowehere, so that I always have to sacrify a working USB key.
Maybe I missed something.

The closest match that I could find until now is the ASSMANN A-USB3 A-LP-SMT-C, that we can rotate here in 3D, by dragging the mouse over the picture on the left:
https://www.traceparts.com/en/produ...8&Product=10-28042014-075873&SelectionPath=1|
However, it is not exactly the same. We can see that the output pins are on only one layer.

Thank you for your help.

ousb-3-stick-with-male-type-A-connectors.jpg