Where is the charging port for this battery??

Dejon

Joined Apr 18, 2020
I just got these batteries and I want to charge them. They have a built-in BMS and I'd like to charge it correctly so the voltage on each battery is the same. The only issue is I have no clue where to connect my positive and negative lead to my charger to do so. I was going to attach my leads to the two terminals where the fuse is but that would where my main discharge would go. Any help would be great, thanks!!!!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Since you're the one owning and knowing what the battery is for and what the brand is, your the one that needs to share information about it. Did you look at the information that came with it?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The chemistry (Lithium?) of the batteries, quantity and if they are in parallel will tell you the charging voltage.
The mAh rating of the batteries will tell you the charging current.
Of course you also need to know the polarity that you can measure.

Dejon

Joined Apr 18, 2020
@shortbus I don't know to much about them. I bought them used. They are 12s2p 18650 batteries. Made from LG 30a 1500mah cells. I see a built-in BMS and balance wires on each Seris connection. I'm unsure where the BMS negative would be so I can charge the battery pack via the BMS to balance the cells.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
12s is 50.4V worth of fully charged li-ion battery cells. The charger probably needs to be powered from at least 53V.
Used?? If any pair of cells measures less than 3V then it is ruined and might catch on fire if charged.

Dejon

Joined Apr 18, 2020
@Audioguru again I testest the cells and they look good on voltage. Where do I connect my charger on this? That's what I'm lost on. If I use the two main terminals and charge from that, will it charge via the BMS?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
If the battery voltage at the two main terminals is 36V or more then you can see the polarity on your voltmeter.
I do not know if the BMS has a proper charger circuit in it.