Where is RB

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
He has been absent in other forums he frequented around the same time he quit here.
Also he put it down to the forum changes here.
Max.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I thought I heard somewhere he died and his family kept up his website. I could be wrong.

If it is true then he really did "unplug". :)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
He left one Website where he avidly supported his development, SuperPID motor controller.
Evidently he got upset because someone had made a knockoff where they used an opto rpm sensor the same as his and he claimed violation of patent?.
I would be just as guilty in this case.:(
The Pic firmware was not copied even if they could.
Max.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
He left one Website where he avidly supported his development, SuperPID motor controller.
Evidently he got upset because someone had made a knockoff where they used an opto rpm sensor the same as his and he claimed violation of patent?.
I would be just as guilty in this case.:(
The Pic firmware was not copied even if they could.
Max.
What do you mean by "would be just as guilty in this case"?. Guilty of being angry if someone ripped you off? Or guilty because you have made things similar to the projects RB had posted?

He sent me a few nasty PMs on another site. I got the feeling that he believed he invented or trademarked everything associated with PICs for certain classes of DIY projects... And nothing was obvious (everyone was just copying him because he apparently did it first).