Where can I buy POWERFUL magnets and solenoids?

jamezun

Joined Oct 31, 2005
Well, can anyone tell me where can I buy the strongest magnet with various shape?

And where can I buy various powerful solenoid?

Will a strong magnet is brought near to the mobile phone or mp3, will it affect their stabilty?

imett

Joined Nov 2, 2005
Originally posted by jamezun@Nov 1 2005, 06:18 PM
Well, can anyone tell me where can I buy the strongest magnet with various shape?

Will a strong magnet is brought near to the mobile phone or mp3, will it affect their stabilty?
[post=11400]Quoted post[/post]​
You can find strong magnet in old hard disk,or microwave grill.
Solenoid you can find it in neon reactor.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by jamezun@Nov 1 2005, 12:18 PM

[post=11400]Quoted post[/post]​
Here is a web site that carries rare-earth magnets. The web site is that of Edmund Scientific.

hgmjr

Old hard drives can be found for free.....they really DO have some of the most powerful permanent magnets available.

The magnets in some of the throw-a-way IDE drives of the last seven years contain magnets that easily sell for very large sums. Those are really high-end magnets. Magnetrons (in microwave ovens) have nice toroid shapes but are not quite the same level of quality.

You can get most of what you want for free if you use your imagination. Keep you money in your pocket and always use Ebay last.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
This thread was started in November of 2005.

I'm sure the OP's question has been answered by now.

The risk of replying to threads this old is that much of the information may be quite dated.

I recommend that this thread be closed, due to the age of it; the supply of magnets from many of the mentioned suppliers may be exhausted.

If a new seeker of strong magnets comes along, that would be a most appropriate time to open a new thread.

Not trying to be a killjoy here, just a realist.