where can i buy pcbs and components for real cheap?

Just me1

Joined Sep 3, 2017
So, i was working on a transistor based computer that needs around 3000 transistors estimated ( going to come with the exact number today )
It would also need some diodes, resistors and leds,
so where can i buy 3000 transistors for cheap( and the rest too )

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi.
You do have household recycling centres in Holland, go there and search their electronics scrap section, it surprising what people throw away.
E.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Ebay ;)
Edit:

When you buy in bulk from mouser, RS, Element14...... you get much better prices.
Have a look there too. Probably better than EBay as you will have more chance of getting good parts. Going to the effort of building a large project with suspect or second hand parts is not a good idea.

Last edited:

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
And You shall SOLDER 3000 transistors in the pre-historic `computer` having less power than 1/1000 000 000 of today`s pocket calculator????
Cheap resources for seller finding are here at section `tools`You may test the Digikey, Mouser, Farnell, Arrows and hundreds of more, including the ebay. But where to buy transistors means not the same what You wrote in highline - PCB~s. PCB material You buy in the shops too, but then You process it by photolitography and make etching and produce a green mask. I wonder if You`ll success with any without of well learning.
My youth at 1980 there was built by my hands the first coloured graphic display in soviets (just first 8080 computers only tried to born). It was used to make a super-fast `movie` of crystallography phase transition some 100 MHz clk and 16 kBit memories I applied 20x40 IC field in 8 stores (how much? 16kX20x40x8, oh my...) But it took a 2 years work for 10 hours a day and only after few year here all was flooded by IBM displays for the cheap money and my job was thrown out straight into junk. Hope that Your titanic job will have a more decent age.

Just me1

Joined Sep 3, 2017
And You shall SOLDER 3000 transistors in the pre-historic `computer` having less power than 1/1000 000 000 of today`s pocket calculator????
Cheap resources for seller finding are here at section `tools`You may test the Digikey, Mouser, Farnell, Arrows and hundreds of more, including the ebay. But where to buy transistors means not the same what You wrote in highline - PCB~s. PCB material You buy in the shops too, but then You process it by photolitography and make etching and produce a green mask. I wonder if You`ll success with any without of well learning.
My youth at 1980 there was built by my hands the first coloured graphic display in soviets (just first 8080 computers only tried to born). It was used to make a super-fast `movie` of crystallography phase transition some 100 MHz clk and 16 kBit memories I applied 20x40 IC field in 8 stores (how much? 16kX20x40x8, oh my...) But it took a 2 years work for 10 hours a day and only after few year here all was flooded by IBM displays for the cheap money and my job was thrown out straight into junk. Hope that Your titanic job will have a more decent age.
Well, its the ram that needs 2000 transistors