Where are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
So I take it you liked the idea. Why don't you include a column for the Country too? And drop the On Map. We 'll keep it updated anyway.

Did you take the collaboration mail I sent you? Don't update the map for now. I have a friend of mine working on some sorting code for a while. I 'll tell you when he 's done.
did you send it to my home email?
I haven't had access to it yet, I will once I get home from school

Should I make it one big table?
a small one for each country was my first thought, but i'm thinking one big one would work better, I'm still playing with the code

also, would there be a way to mark the users threads on here so that it is known if they have been added to the table or not yet?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
If you want to use another mail, PM it to me. But in general, don't rush for the map. There aren't any changes to be made there anyway.

Take care of the table first.

also, would there be a way to mark the users threads on here so that it is known if they have been added to the table or not yet?
I don't understand what you mean here.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
On the way west on I-94 from Ann Arbor to Kalamazoo, Michigan, you can get to Climax:

But if you don't reach Climax you can go to Hell:

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
If you want to use another mail, PM it to me. But in general, don't rush for the map. There aren't any changes to be made there anyway.

Take care of the table first.
I think the table is taken care of, unless you have any ideas on better ways to lay it out
I don't understand what you mean here.
When I got on, I noticed some people had posted their locations, and I went to add them to the list, but noticed that some had already been added (by you I'm assuming). This is perfectly fine, I just want to make sure we avoid confusion and don't end up double posting someone or missing someone.

also, I got your email :)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
We have an Intercourse and a Climax and a Blue Ball, PA. We also have Mars, Bird In Hand, Library, Laboratory.

Lots of Native American Tribe names Alliquipa, Monongahela (can you imagine having to spell that in grade school, good thing I did not live there because my last name is just as long. :) )

We also have a Pigs Ear Road not far from here.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Speaking of interesting street names, I've got some stereotypical vermont names here. All within five miles of where I live, I have an Old Stone Road, Quail John Road (He was one of the first settlers), and Mud Pond Road. And no, none of them are paved :p

Can you tell I love where I live? :D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
You had random spaces in empty cells and before usernames. They affect sorting. A space comes before (I think) any other character, regardless of the character it precedes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.