Wheel Switch = in-line lamp cord switch

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I am Looking for a Type of Switch for something I am making.

It will be mad up of LED Light Strips.
And I will have it going to a Wall Transformer to Plug into an Outlet.

But I want to Wire a Wheel Switch to it.
The Type some Lamps have hanging off the Cord.
And you use your Fingers to Turn it.

I am going to make a Picture with LED Light Strips in it.
Then Wire then all to gather and put the Wheel Switch to it.

I hope I am Asking in the Right way?
If not just Tell me?

Thanks for the Time.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
They just Turn and Turn and are found on Cords.
Some are on Lamp Cards and other Devices.

Do they come Fixed to a Cord or how do I Buy them?
What is the Right Name?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Yes, at least the descriptions seem to be about the kind of switch that I had guessed was being sought. Some cords have them installed , but they are available separately. Installing such a switch may be a challenge for some.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I found this Switch on Amazon is this a SPST Switch?

I did not See anything about it on the Page.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092LFRB5...&pd_rd_r=f7ed69b1-97a3-4a24-9812-1a4307682ad2
That is commonly called a rocker switch. The others go by names, as mentioned, like rotary cord switch. Be it rocker or rotary the end result is the same. They turn a load within their limits On and Off. Switching low current LED strings doesn't take much. Thus switching low current DC power won't matter much. Low power as in under an amp or two.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I gave you a link. Post #12. Where to find or buy is all about location as Analog pointed out in Post #14. The link you gave is Amazon and it's a rocker switch so just Google DPDT Rocker Switch. Unless your location is known that is as good as it gets.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The inline switch that "Y" posts the link to in #16 is what the TS is seeking. BUT THERE MAY BE A PROBLEM because almost all all of the wall-wart power modules that I have seen use a much smaller cord. The result will be that installing the switch on that much thinner cord will be very challenging at best, and providing an adequate installation will be even more challenging. That is because all of the dimensions of the typical wall-wart cord are about half of those of the specified cord (18/2).