What’s the Difference Between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz?

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
They are just as similar in behavior.
Technique started from low frequencies and with modernization, it has reached higher frequencies.

High bandwidth was required to transmit the data at high speed.

The first one found free as the rest were used was 2.5GHz where to allow a very large bandwidth.

2.5Ghz is the resonance frequency for the water molecule linked to biologic structures and is used in the oven. Pure water (distilled water) has a dielectric relaxation at 10GHz.

How is it generated? Integrated LC oscillator. See a bluetooth schematic.

But first say what you read about the oscillator. Make a simple oscillator.
I could put a picture with an inside hybrid IC oscillator made with transistors.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Microwave ovens don't use actual resonance to heat. It's broadband and simple like a resistor heats up with a current through it. They also operate at 915 MHz ISM band.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I'd be glad to be like that,
This phenomenon of eddy currents in electrolyte it should be at lower frequencies of the KHZ order.

In the microwave are the rotation spectra of the molecules and in the far infrared the vibration spectra of the molecules.

I am afraid that at the GHz frequency (gamma dispersion) the ions in the solution remain frozen

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Or, as Andrew Dice "The Diceman" Clay would say, "That's what I say -- what's the f'n difference?"
I don't know what happened to that guy but he certainly got weird, disconnected with reality and, I believe, broke.

He was on Colbert last month.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009