What's On Your (Physical Non-Digital!) Bookshelf?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I haven't bought a bound book in what seems like a hundred years. In fact, over the years, I've tossed a couple of library's worth.

Here's most of what I have left. What's on your bookshelf?

Bookshelf.jpg

The black thing lying across the top of the books on the bottom shelf is my TRS-80 Model 100, circa 1985. It still works.

20201226_132600.jpg

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Tom Clancy and Stephen King are both authors that I dig... not sure about Glenn Beck, though.
Also, I'm an AutoCAD expert (been using it since version 10, back in 1988) and I've done plenty of coding projects for parametric design through the years.

I don't have an organized bookshelf at this point since I moved to a new place less than a year ago and still haven't completely set up the place, but I can tell you that I too haven't bought a paper book in a very long time.

I'm going to look into my digital library and post some of the titles that I have in my collection.

BTW, if you like fiction, I suggest you take a look at Dean Koontz. He's addictive.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I'm going to look into my digital library and post some of the titles that I have in my collection.
Not in this thread.

In this digital age, I think it's instructive to observe what non-digital artifacts we continue to cling to. Don't dilute it.

Edit: I've changed the thread title to reflect this. Feel free to start an alternate, digital thread. I'll participate.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Not in this thread.

In this digital age, I think it's instructive to observe what non-digital artifacts we continue to cling to. Don't dilute it.

Edit: I've changed the thread title to reflect this. Feel free to start an alternate, digital thread. I'll participate.
Your thread, your rules... no problem...

Congrats, now you've got me looking into boxes... :rolleyes:

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
This is an overflow shelf for some of the soft-covers:

20201226_144138.jpg

At one point in my life, the Dictionary of Slang and Euphemism was the only dictionary I owned. I had a hell of a vocabulary compared to my friends at the time.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Finally unpacked some boxes ... but printed books are an endangered species in my house, and are heading towards inevitable extinction. Here's the few books I've managed to place in shelves. One of them I bought a few years ago per your suggestion, Joey.

20210223_130932.jpg

20210223_131112.jpg