What's in a name!!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Dr. Irons is a professor in metallurgy.
There is a shoe store in town called Schumacher.
Mr. Salami is the head chef at a local restaurant
and would you go to a dentist named Dr. I. Paine?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Would you name your kid Roland if your last name is Butter?

True story:
They named their daughter Holly. Their last name is Wood.

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
I had a sonogram a few years back looking for my gallstone. They found it. While undergoing the scan, I cracked every joke I could about a bouncing baby gallstone, can they tell the gender, etc. The technician was UTTERLY unimpressed. I couldn't even get her to crack the slightest bit of a smile until the end when I conceded that she must have heard them all. She did smile and nodded that she had indeed heard them all. :rolleyes::confused:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
My urologist, since retired, was Dr. Stonehill. I really didn’t need the poetic reminder about what was ahead of me when I had to call him for help.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
In my second year at university I did a course called “vibrations” which covered mainly the mathematics of masses and springs, inductors and capacitors, and other things with 2nd order differential equations.
The lecturer was . . . . Dr. Shakeshaft.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I had a friend who did “house hunting” for people, and he told me that he was dealing with a firm of estate agents called Doolittle and Dalley and I refused to believe him until he showed me their letterhead.
He said that they completely lived up to their name.

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Long story sorry for those watching.

1980’s Sears rogue tech, 50k in parts, this is Roosevelt Utah, near Vernal Utah. Morning calls before leaving the secretaries built my call list, while I remove clean organize for the day. I sat down unaware until they giggled, looking over I seen them all, 2 heads below my boss head higher above them. I shook my head at them and picked up the phone to dial, First name……………………..Harry Dickerson.

Between them and that name in front of me, I knew I was already in trouble now I can’t stop giggling myself, little did they know my brand of humor I couldn’t hold back, went like this………….

Me - Ring Ring click, hello?
Good morning sir and then it happened dreaded giggling, while I’m maintaining they fall on the floor and burst out, he can hear them and my attempt at composure, then……..

He said - It’s ok you can laugh then a belly and roar with all of us, once I got it out we finished the conversation. No harm no fowl.

My Boss at Action Target Shooting Range and Black ops training facility, Kyle Bateman, we all referred to as Master, he was a little A.Hitler or N.Bonapart little mean and nasty.
kv

Last edited: