What specific characteristics should be emphasized when grading software maturity?

naseeam

Joined Jan 4, 2017
We would like to use some process to grade embedded software maturity for our ADAS application. On any day, we want to know how much of the v-cycle work has been completed. For all ADAS features such as Lane Departure Warning(LDW), Automatic Cruise Control(ACC), and many more, we want to know the following:

1. In calculating software maturity for our ADAS software application, what specific requirements characteristics should be emphasized when grading maturity and why? The characteristics are testability, measurable, completeness, traceability, and stability.
  2. With respect to software architecture documents, software design documents, state diagrams, and any v-cycle documents that are created to understand software operation, what specific characteristics should be emphasized when grading software maturity and why?

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
I was thinking the people who develop automotive software, especially for driver assistant systems are all software experts. Turns out, they are not :(

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I was thinking the people who develop automotive software, especially for driver assistant systems are all software experts. Turns out, they are not
hi trebla,
Why do you state that, any supporting evidence.?
E

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
There are many standards and requirements what software engineer must know before starting automotive software development. As requirements may vary by countries a good start is consulting with local standards body (institution). For common software development recomendations one can study MISRA-C and AUTOSAR guides.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi trebla,
Of course I agree with your post #6, but that suggests a high degree of competence in ADAS software developers.
So why do you say Turns out, they are not. ?

E

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
Maybe i am wrong but as i understood TS is developing ADAS system and wants put it to real world use without having required competence about development such systems. Sorry if i was too harsh